Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very angry HTC Desire customer!

Options
  • 23-11-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I bought a HTC Desire phone a few months ago. I was finding the phone really good. I had to charge it everyday but that's expected with a smart phone which is as good as a laptop.

But the battery gave in completely in October. I brought it back to the meteor shop on the 19th of October. I got it back and seemingly HTC put all new parts in it. I brought it home and charged it but it still didn't work. The phone was with HTC for a month so I was very frustrated when it still didn't work.

I brought it back to the meteor shop and it's with HTC now again. I was promised at the latest I would have it back last friday. Today I was told it would be next Tuesday before I get it back but I'm still not very optimistic of getting it next Tuesday.

I was told I would be given a new phone if HTC can't fix after the 2nd attempt. I'm really a very p - off with meteor now :mad: This is dragging on for so long and I'm back using an old phone I was using a few year's ago; it must be noted this is my own phone.

Surely the retailer have some responsibilities under 'The Sales and Good and Supply of Services Act'. The product is obviously not of merchantable quality and they have the product more than a reasonable time to get it fixed. How long should they maybe given to get this sorted?

Anyone view's or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Whats actually wrong with the phone. Will it not turn on?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Hogzy wrote: »
    Whats actually wrong with the phone. Will it not turn on?

The initial problem was that the battery was over heating. I think they sorted this when it was with HTC the first time. When I got it back it wouldn't turn on. So it now looks like there is something wrong with the screen. Surely someone in the HTC factory would have checked the phone before they sent it back to Meteor? Only if meteor would give me a new phone; but it's not that easy unfortunately. I paid 280 euro so it and it was only a few month's old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

The initial problem was that the battery was over heating. I think they sorted this when it was with HTC the first time. When I got it back it wouldn't turn on. So it now looks like there is something wrong with the screen. Surely someone in the HTC factory would have checked the phone before they sent it back to Meteor? Only if meteor would give me a new phone; but it's not that easy unfortunately. I paid 280 euro so it and it was only a few month's old.

Did you fully charge it when you got it back? I had a similar problem when i got my phone back from HTC. They told me to charge it for 10-12hrs as the battery was completely drained.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Hogzy wrote: »
    Did you fully charge it when you got it back? I had a similar problem when i got my phone back from HTC. They told me to charge it for 10-12hrs as the battery was completely drained.

Yes I fully charged it when I got it back :( I was advised to do this before I brought it back again to the shop.

I bloody loved the phone so it's killing me to be without it for this long. I saw the newer one today. Seemingly there are a lot of problems with it. I think it's the HTC HD; I could have the wrong name.

Advertisement