Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone rooted there desire hd??

Options
  • 23-11-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭

So ill be gettin one of these in the morning and have been looking on xda about rooting it.

Found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835746
    Has anyone tried this and got it fully working yet??
    Wanna get some feed back before i try it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

It always surprises me how few responses rooting threads get. Guess the rooting community is not as big as i thought.

Dont think id be inclined to root the HD though, its a terrific rom. a2sd+ maybe a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It always surprises me how few responses rooting threads get. Guess the rooting community is not as big as i thought.

Dont think id be inclined to root the HD though, its a terrific rom. a2sd+ maybe a reason?

Part reason i want to root is to use Titanium backup which needs root for most of its options. Also the option of being able to remove stock software is a huge advantage. When i actually get a chance to play around with the phone ill see my self what i think be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,108 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Right the guide i posted up in the original post followed the whole thing easy as anything took me bout ten minutes phones rooted and have a recovery image and s off all working.

Id say to anyone with this phone who wants the full deal if your sure enough what your doing fire away its easy :)

Gonna go have a look at some custom roms now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Nice one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

I rooted mine to get rid of sense and use LP. I do not like sense at all. I have not put a custom ROM on yet as have not manged to install the ClockworkMod recovery ROM as adb does not see my phone when booted to fastboot. Not tried real hard yet though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement