Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for band members in Tuam/Galway area.

Options
  • 23-11-2010 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey,

I am a song writer looking for band members in the Tuam/Galway area (preferably Tuam).
    I already have a piano player, I'm looking for a bass player, two guitars--one of which must be able to roar cuz I cant... Im a girl XD:D:D:D--a DJ--I'd like to add a bit of electronics to our music :)--and a drummer--Im the singer, bt Ill need evry1 to be able to sing backing vocals :):):).

Our band's name is Dark Spirit and I already have one whole album written out and am currently writing the second one. All we need is everything else XD The first album is called Never Living and the second one is And The Heart Goes Dark.

Our music influence: Linkin Park, Paramore, You Made Me At Six, Twenty Twenty, Everything Burns, Enter Shikari, ACDC, My Chemical Romance, Deaf Havana, etc...

P.S.
    We have a pretty weird sense of humor, so it's OK if ur a weirdo, nuts or with a twisted sense of humor XD:D lol anyone's welcome XD:D:D:D

PM me if ur interested :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What age range are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Zahyra

U mean age?? Am, 14 to 35?? Ya around there :):)

Zahyra wrote: »
    U mean age??
    Yes, "age range" means what range of ages you are looking for. It can be an important factor for people.

:D:Dsorry, ya:D:D

anyway u no the age range now :)

so u up for it??

I would if I was in Galway more often but I work in Cork so I'm only at home every few weeks. I was just getting you to add more information to your post while wearing my moderator hat.

Lastly. I'd appreciate it if you'd lay off the txt speek in your posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭slattsteen

Hey im not far away,do ye play gigs,i may be up for that

Hey im not far away,do ye play gigs,i may be up for that
    am, unfortunately we dont :):) U see, as I said already, we're practically lookin' for a whole crew :D:D But if ur up for sum get-together to see what u can do, that'd be cool :) waddaya play??
    I would if I was in Galway more often but I work in Cork so I'm only at home every few weeks
    aww... that's too bad :confused:
    I was just getting you to add more information to your post while wearing my moderator hat...... I'd appreciate it if you'd lay off the txt speek in your posts.
    and thanks :)
    Will do :)

Have been playin bass in a 4 piece over the last 2 years,(incl backing and some main vocals,have my own gear transport etc

awesome :) So u up for a meetin? :)

U know anyone whod like to join too? We're desperate XD:D:D:D

yep skip,could maybe meet this wk end yet if that suits,am kinda new here so dont think i can pm u yet

• Advertisement

That's cool :) I sent u a PM with my e-mail for whenever u think u can meet up :):)
    Cool, tell skip Id be interested to hear :)

very good,thanks for the email ,will mail u soon,have u any material on youtube,myspace etc?what u play?

Am I can send u a recording of my newest song.... but theres no music under it k? :) but Ill need u to give me ur email so I can send it to ya :):) it'll be a couple o'days XD

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thepcgp

hi, i'm a musical personality unliving in galway, can lend some time and a few ears and strummings for some melody making fun happy times.

or, i'm an 'amateur' musician with years of practice and lots of equipment and transportation for personages and paraphernalia that may be of use to your project. my stock includes electric guitar, 2 amps, acoustic guitar, 3 mics, mic stands, mixer, cello, midi keyboard + mac, lots of digital effects.

also have a mate who plays drums and whence a party could possibly practice, though must clear with him first. do ye have a place? there is also a place for about €10 per hour or €2.50 each if there's a quaternary.

i can spare 1 possibly 2 nights per week.

pm or post if you be interesta. I haven't played in a group for a few years but have been looking for people with whom to test the waters again after a spell of being a workaholic and baby minder (dad). I'm 31.

That's pretty cool :) Im a little busy right now but Ill try and see what I can do :) You sound awesome though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thepcgp

Here is a cover of 'Lit Up' I did tonight. I did it in Logic Pro, at the computer basically with my mixer, usb audio interface and my iMac.

Both guitar parts are my Squier Strat going through various amps and effects in Logic.

The bass and drums are done using MIDI on my M-Audio keystation, again through Logic.

It was a bit of a rush job but I think it's not too bad. I'd love to hear anyone's comments and as I mentioned previously I am looking for people to practice/record with maybe 1 or 2 nights per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dubbeat

Malice_ wrote: »
    Lastly. I'd appreciate it if you'd lay off the txt speek in your posts.

HA HA .... good man MALICE :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭OmenBonez

I might be up for this depending on how serious it all is, I'm a 17 year old guitarist and ive been trying to get bands together or get in on projects for a while now, when u say someone who can roar do you mean those screamed vocals u hear in a lot of modern metal bands?? I know a drummer, dj and maybe another guitarist who may be interested and what age are you and the piano player?

That's awesome x) I am the singer/songwriter and I'm going to be 17 in April and the pianist is 16 since September. ( Continued as PM):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭OmenBonez

sounds good. i might have a band on the go but if i dont id be up for auditioning or giving this a shot.
    sorry did u mean u sent a PM? coz i didnt get one from u?

have u got any samples i could listen to of you or the pianist?

• Advertisement

thepcgp: I haven't told u wat I think yet, because I my computer can't see vids yet x/ But I'll get around to it and then I'll tell ya what I think x3

BTW Everyone, sorry if I haven' been in contact with ye for a while x/ I've been pretty busy recently x(

Advertisement