Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Have €150 my treat

Options
  • 23-11-2010 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Ladies

If I was to hand you €150 what would you buy yourself?

I have small presents lined up and even have the "romantic present" boxed off.

Just looking to get something a bit luxurious that she may love the idea of but wouldnt buy for herself if you know what I mean

Girlfriend is 29 by the way

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

A new phone! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

How about a voucher for a facial or a massage or something along those lines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tbh you really need to give more info, not being smart but just because she's a girl doesn't mean she'd like a facial/massage/spa etc. TBH that'd be my idea of hell. (if she's into it then by all means go for it, just saying make sure it's something she'd want to do).

Has she mentioned anything that she'd like to do/have that she might have said 'ah sure we'll see' or 'don'thave the money for that at the moment' or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

What you doing on the 26th? nothing much,then take her to the sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Apologies I probably was a bit vague regarding her likes/dislikes

But I suppose the idea of clothes would be very suitable as she spends far more money on anything she'd buy for me than she would for herself (why I'd like to treat her to something)

Are vouchers a complete cop out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 podikins

you could take her shopping & then suggest ending the day off with coffee in a hotel but when you arrive have a room booked to stay overnight :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends!

A 150 euro budget can go so far in some ways and barely make a dent in other things.

Nice expensive underwear,nice chocolate,champagne,flowers for no apparent reason,perfume.

If they are not her thing -

nice earphones,mp3 player,some sort of day out like driving in mondello or a flying lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

If I had 150 quid I think the first thing I'd get would be a massage, I love back massages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Nintendo DSi? My OH and her sister love them, really good present with the ladies.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

I'd spend it on shopping in BTs, beauty treatments..
    What about jewellery? What about a charm bracelet? stay away from rings unless you want a slap.
    That is a thoughtful present and lasts longer than a massage/tan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭clairemcbear

if it was me, a river island bag... or some mac eyeshadow or lipstick/urban decay makeup palette/benefit makeup... or something from lasenza

Well the only thing I see us wimmen pretty much all liking is attention. I don't mean it in a bad way, I just mean we tend to appreciate a bit of one-on-one time. If I were you I'd spend the money on a day out together, to show her you're willing to spend not just money but also your time on her.

You could also ask one of her friends what they think she'd like.

Failing that, maybe something comfy? I never buy pyjamas because when I'm out shopping I figure I should spend my moolah on something that someone will actually see me in, but I'd really love a nice fancy pair of pj's like from la senza or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

Well the only thing I see us wimmen pretty much all liking is attention. I don't mean it in a bad way, I just mean we tend to appreciate a bit of one-on-one time. If I were you I'd spend the money on a day out together, to show her you're willing to spend not just money but also your time on her.

You could also ask one of her friends what they think she'd like.

Failing that, maybe something comfy? I never buy pyjamas because when I'm out shopping I figure I should spend my moolah on something that someone will actually see me in, but I'd really love a nice fancy pair of pj's like from la senza or something.

me too those slipper booties look amazing!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

podikins wrote: »
    you could take her shopping & then suggest ending the day off with coffee in a hotel but when you arrive have a room booked to stay overnight :-)

This is a really great idea, or even just the overnight part! My hubby surprised me with an overnight stay including dinner / spa treatment, for valentines and it was really nice to get away together and be pampered! There are some great xmas season deals all over the place right now, and you could present it to her in a cute gift box from easons or in an envelope attached to a bottle of bubbly to take with you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

By the way, you sound lovely and its gorgeous that you are going so out of your way to spoil your other half, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I second the overnight stay in a nice hotel. Or a two-night stay in a 3 star hotel. You could book it for sometime in February so she will have it to look forward to during the bitterly cold winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Thanks for all the responses some great ideas in there
    Heading out this evening to see if I can pull it all together

Thanks again all!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

The reply of you could take her shopping & then suggest ending the day off with coffee in a hotel but when you arrive have a room booked to stay overnight :-) .................is the best. I would LOVE that, go for that.

Advertisement