Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Lights in Skerries Town.

Options
  • 23-11-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Have any of you seen the New Christmas lights in Skerries? The had them on last night (they’re working on them for the switch on, on the 27th Nov)

LED lights on the trees and they have turned the monument Red.

All the Tree lights are concentrated on the trunk of the Trees.
    Red Monument seems very dull.

Don’t get me wrong, in these times it’s a miracle that they have managed to get the funding. Hats off to the chamber of commerce for such hard work.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

suppose its just a new style.

fair play alright for the funding. i see rush is doing a fundraiser too for lights.

it will bring a bit of cheer. god only knows its needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

I was in Skerries earlier tonight and they had all the lights on.
    Have to say I preferred the lights they had on the trees last year.
    Also the monument had white lights on tonight and it looked very nice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Ya have to hand to the people who raise funds year in year out and often dig deep into their own pockets.. It gives the place a great lift.

Rush Community Council have a function on Friday in G.A.A club and hopefully they will do well and get in some much needed cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

LeoB wrote: »
    Ya have to hand to the people who raise funds year in year out and often dig deep into their own pockets.. It gives the place a great lift.

Rush Community Council have a function on Friday in G.A.A club and hopefully they will do well and get in some much needed cash

Surely the money raised for this should go to the No to Eirgrid Campaign which is the Community Council if we call a spade a spade. Even with volunteers RCC must have substanial costs(legal fees, posters, expenses) to cover before using funds for Xmas lights and Tidy Towns. I know the campaign to stop Eirgrid route to Tyrone cost 4 million euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Back on-topic please.

HB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Surely the money raised for this should go to the No to Eirgrid Campaign which is the Community Council if we call a spade a spade. Even with volunteers RCC must have substanial costs(legal fees, posters, expenses) to cover before using funds for Xmas lights and Tidy Towns. I know the campaign to stop Eirgrid route to Tyrone cost 4 million euro.

No, this is about Christmas lights

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I must say, I quite like the way they have set up the led lights on the trees this year.

Seems very tasteful and the small bulbs are likely to be less wasteful of power and probably more resistant to wind and damp weather?

Fair play for the efforts made I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

LeoB wrote: »
    No, this is about Christmas lights

And Skerries Christmas lights at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

I must say, I quite like the way they have set up the led lights on the trees this year.

Seems very tasteful and the small bulbs are likely to be less wasteful of power and probably more resistant to wind and damp weather?

Fair play for the efforts made I think.

I agree and they must have changed their mind about lighting up the monument with red spot lights cause now it's draped in the white led lights......... Like an little Eiffel Tower from a distance… well maybe I have an over active imagination.

With everything going on and the downer hanging over us all, its make me smile when I see them.............:):D

It's important for the kids and local businesses too…….

Advertisement