Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROM for Desire

Options
  • 23-11-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Alright.

There hasn't been much talk lately about custom ROM, probably because everyone has settled on one, but I'm currently on Pinky Rom (which is no longer being developed) and I want to change.

What is everyone using these days? I love the A2SD+ with an EXT partition so my new ROM must have that. And i'm used to using Sense so it should really have that as well.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

nedd wrote: »
    I love the A2SD+ with an EXT partition so my new ROM must have that. And i'm used to using Sense so it should really have that as well.

I've done the rounds of ROMs too, and settled on "Stock" desire 2.2 with Root and A2SD. Everything works and updates as it should - I got sick of the (for example) Google Maps update constantly appearing but the download failing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I've pretty much settled onto LeeDroid 2.2f
    Working perfectly and haven't had any issues with updates or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

i have heard some people mention LeeDroid alright. did you get that in ROM Manager or directly from the site?

Got it directly from the site. I dont use clockwork recovery anymore so rom manager is no use to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

+1 for Leedroid great sense rom

I think that this is the best sense rom (for the desire) out there and it is actively be developed :) the addons are cool too

• Advertisement

Just installed LeeDroid. All good so far.

Any recommendations on addons?

Just installed LeeDroid. All good so far.

Any recommendations on addons?
    The only one I installed was the Carbon blue theme.I just like the look of it :)

is there any way of getting a percentage battery indicator using LeeDroid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

This is my chance to fine out what a custom rom is, im an absolute newbie, eager to learn, so what is it, how is it installed and what does it allow you to do?
    Thanks Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm running psychosis 5.0 (in sure there's a newer version but I'm happy as is). It's basically leedroid without sense. It's the best I've used, pink gobbled juice

Bogman, custom roms are simply different 'homemade' versions of the Android operating system. There are several ways to flash them, you may have do some research to choose a way that suits you best - Rom manager seems to be the most popular of late, I've never used it so can't comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Excellent, thanks for the prompt reply theteal

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Should be simple enough, have you checked the thread on xda? I just flashed the zip file in recovery, just like any add on

The super circle battery has it I think and so do a few other add-ons here
    http://leedroid.protogenlabs.com/customization/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Another vote for LeeDroid, very stable...

You can do alot of customisations, like differant versions of the battery circle mod, boot screens etc at the Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I know you said you wanted a sense rom but MIUI for me is terrific. Now themeable and in a really user friendly way. Uses dark tremors a2sd +. Updated weekly and there seems to be a firm plan in place. Also very stable.

I know you said you wanted a sense rom but MIUI for me is terrific. Now themeable and in a really user friendly way. Uses dark tremors a2sd +. Updated weekly and there seems to be a firm plan in place. Also very stable.

is there a link for this?

Ewwwwww blackberry :P

Ewwwwww blackberry :P

Aha, i was wondering why that theme was called blackberri for miui, duh!!

Advertisement