Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari 5.0.3 Update out now

Options
  • 23-11-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

39.2MB
    Safari 5.0.3 Software Update:

This update contains improvements to usability, compatibility, stability, accessibility and security, including the following:

More accurate Top Hit results in the Address Field
    More accurate results in Top Sites
    Fixes an issue that could cause content delivered with the Flash 10.1 plug-in to overlap webpage content
    More reliable pop-up blocking
    Improved stability when typing into search and text input fields on www.netflix.com and www.facebook.com
    Improved stability when using JavaScript-intensive extensions
    Improved stability when using VoiceOver with Safari
    For detailed information on the security content of this update, please visit this site: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Looks like the same one I got over the weekend. If anything, Safari is crashing more now!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

We had an issue with Safari on the Tesco website the other night. When you click on a link to a product on any page, after a short delay the dreaded 'beachball' would appear and then the entire system would freeze. Force Quit and everything seemed to be locked out. After the 5.0.3 update though, it seemed to resolve the problem. Having said that though, I did fire off a rather terse email to Tesco, whither they changed anything on their site or not I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

antodeco wrote: »
    Looks like the same one I got over the weekend. If anything, Safari is crashing more now!

I actually thought it might just have been me, but rather than Safari just crashing on me it seems to be crashing my whole macbook too! :mad:

What a steaming ****pile!. Back to firefox we go :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I switched back to Chrome recently. With the arrival of the new 1Password plugin for Chrome there's not much keeping me with Safari anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm having a problem with just one website since I updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭MACHEAD

Word on most of the Mac disscussion forums is that it's a Java Script problem.
    Apple may fix this by issuing a new Java Script update or another Safari update which incliudes this. In the meantime, try removing any cookies from the website you're having problems with, 'Reset Safari', then quit & restart Safari. In many cases (but not all unfortunately) this has fixed the issue.

Advertisement