Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vet Consulation Fee

Options
  • 23-11-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Does anyone have any idea on a vet consultation fees in Waterford?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Generally, they are cheaper than in the Dublin area. I'm assuming about €30 - €35 (plus the cost of any medication) but can't be totally sure. Your best bet is to give all the local vets a buzz and they will be able to tell you basic fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Go to ger clancy in carrick on suir,very near to waterford.
    excellent vet and very economical too.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

Hi all, just wondering about vets in Celbridge/Maynooth vicinity and their policies. I have my dog in vets at the moment getting her teeth cleaned and some extractions at the moment(will not name vet practice). Had her there as I was concerned about small lumps I had found on her and as she is quite old (15) I don't want to overlook anything. Lumps were nothing to worry about but vet reccommended getting her teeth done as gums were a little inflamed. I have been with this practice for over ten years and have always been able to pay for any procedure(have five cats, all neutered, two dogs neutered). Unfortunately, the cost of this job is over 300 euro (their estimate but could be more) and my situation has changed. I asked if I could spread payment and was told no, had to be paid on collection of dog today. I am a little disappointed with their treatment and considering looking into the policies of other practices in cases like this, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

+1 for Ger Clancy in Carrick on suir. Best vet in south imo and best prices from any I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭dahat

louliewan wrote: »
    Unfortunately, the cost of this job is over 300 euro (their estimate but could be more) and my situation has changed. I asked if I could spread payment and was told no, had to be paid on collection of dog today. I am a little disappointed with their treatment and considering looking into the policies of other practices in cases like this, any suggestions?

Most vets have this policy now,cash on collection and no part payments.

once had a bitch that miscarried a litter with 3 weeks remaining so i rang the emrgency vet,he asked me to pay him the call out charge of 50 euro before he left me in.It meant i had to go back home,get my card n get the money out.
    Never went back after that..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭louliewan

thanks for the replies, will check out the guy in Leixlip that was reccommended ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 trekman

try Maynooth Vet Clinic - I have being going there for years and always find them very good:o

Advertisement