Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus service

Options
  • 23-11-2010 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Was just quoted around €270 for a 3 year service. Main dealer.

Oil
    Filter
    Pollen filter
    Fuel filter

Seems reasonable to me, any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

main dealers can be a bit high you should have a look at atlas tyres website, i got my girlfriends car done 2 weeks ago and it was a good service,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Is the fuel filter a pain on these - thought I read that somewhere. The only real way to know is ring a few factors and see what the cost of the materials are - also ringing a ford dealers parts dept and getting prices mightnt be a bad idea.

At a guess - I figure 150 would cover you for parts and oil, if you were doing it yourself - but you loose your dealer stamp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The first 3 are easy, DIY for sure.

I done my fuel filter there last week and it is abit awkward but nothing too bad really.

270 euro seems mental unless you have a fear of tools and abit of elbow grease.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The car is still under warranty so will stick with Ford for this one, after that I'll roll up my sleeves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Is it based on their menu pricing?

There is a big banner up in Tallaght Ford with reasonable pricing on it, but I can't remember how much it should be.

€270 does seem a bit on the high side to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement