Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Part Update on Nexus 1

Options
  • 23-11-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get a 2 part update last night on a nexus 1? Didnt spot anything different and its still saying version 2.2.1 which I think is what it had been before the update.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ok seems its just a few bug fixes although its a bit strange they'd push it out now when Gingerbread is supposed to be out in a few weeks http://www.google.co.uk/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=46ade680d7c2e354&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Yeh, got it last night too. Doesn't bode well for getting gingerbread anytime soon. That said though, has there ever been a two part update before? It occurred to me that they may be conducting a trial run for a two part Gingerbread update, wishful thinking perhaps but I was surprised to see such an update.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I dont remember any other 2 parters so its a bit of a strange one alright but as you say its probably a trial run for Gingerbread since there seems to be a fair bit of talk that that update will be a very large one so they're likely to split it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I got the 2-part update last night too. I reckon it's partly a dry-run for that mechanism as well, since I can't remember a 2-part update ever before.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Yeah got the update - seems to be just for build FRG83D.

Hopefully they were testing the 2 stage update for Gingerbread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Got it last night. Was all excited thinking Google had let Gingerbread loose early and without warning.:(

Advertisement