Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with studio set-up

Options
  • 23-11-2010 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hey guys.
    Ive been traveling around for a couple of years now so i'm kind of out of the loop regarding audio-production. So if you could give me a few suggestions please? My set up at home was Pro-tools LE with a 002 Digi-rack. I was in a band and we did a lot of recordings. I'm now settled in Oz and just got my mikes sent over. I'm also buying a Mac Book Pro very soon, so my question is what software to get for audio-production.

I won't be recording any drums, just vocals, acoustic guitar, flutes percussion, nothing a large condenser mike or 57 can't handle, so i won't be needing a 002. So i was thinking Pro Tools with an Mbox. Or are there cheaper options out there? I also want to maybe throw in loops. Have never really used garage band but are those files compatible with Pro Tools? Also can the loops be edited? Have heard of other software too, Logic & Reason I hear are quite good. Is there anything that does it all? Say i record 2 tracks and want to add strings, Will i need a separate program (say garage band or fruity loops or something) and import my loops?

Sorry about all the questions... just want to get the right set-up!

Advertisement