Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some good news ( slightly political)

Options
  • 22-11-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not trying to start a political debate. I would rather this thread not go that way.

I just wanted to revel in the good news that Mary Harney will no longer be Minister for Health in a couple of months, and I'm fairly certain that most of you here would be glad to see the back of her.

The HSE (which will probably be renamed after the next election in order for the new governemt to distance itself from Harney's legacy) was never perfect, but I think we can all agree that the damage she did was beyond reprehensible.

So, my fellow LTI brothers and sisters, will you all please join me in raising a glass of whatever beverage your illness allows you to enjoy in moderation to the demise of Mary Harney.
    There is no possible way her successor can mess things up even more than she did.

N.B. I will not be engaging in any for of political discussion in this thread.
    There are plenty of otherthread in AH and Politics for that.

I just thought that we could all celebrate the fact that Harney will be gone in a couple of months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

* raises hot cup of tea takes a sip and burns tongue.

thanks best news ive heard in 2 days........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Only problem is, there is still no money. Cant chage that. It will years before the piggy bank is full again on health care!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭neelyohara

Terry wrote: »
    So, my fellow LTI brothers and sisters, will you all please join me in raising a glass of whatever beverage your illness allows you to enjoy in moderation to the demise of Mary Harney.

This gave me a smile :D

Cheers!

Advertisement