Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DS Lite Trade In

Options
  • 22-11-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that will trade DS Lites for either DSi or DSi XL. . . Have 3 kids with perfect DS Lites looking to trade up:)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Best bet would be to sell them on adverts.ie or something and put the money towards a new DSi. You won't get much for trading them in in the likes of Game or Gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

45 a piece in gamestop, 40 in HMV. I'd take one off you for 50 if you were desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Annie22 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is anywhere that will trade DS Lites for either DSi or DSi XL. . . Have 3 kids with perfect DS Lites looking to trade up:)

Gamestop have a trade in offer where you get a DSi XL for 99.99 when you trade in a DS Lite with a game and charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Annie22 wrote: »

If you have a red one, there is another post on here looking for one!! (feel like the Cilla Black of consoles). Would definitely think Adverts.ie would be best bet though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056105823

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Think they trade in for €60 in GAME at the moment; there's a 20% extra on hardware trade ins offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'd give you 50 for one as well if you want to sell them independently.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

Thanks, I already sold them on adverts.ie :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

good move, you'd get more there for defo than in a shop, have you bought the new Ds's yet? Be concious of the fact that there's a new DS around the corner, hope you don't find yourself in the same situation in a few months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

griffdaddy wrote: »
    good move, you'd get more there for defo than in a shop, have you bought the new Ds's yet? Be concious of the fact that there's a new DS around the corner, hope you don't find yourself in the same situation in a few months :D

Might be right, but the cost difference between the DSi and 3DS will be significant for at least a year I would have thought, but I may be wrong. Especially if you are buying more than one, the difference could be prohibitive.

Advertisement