Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women only gym, Balbriggan

Options
  • 22-11-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Looking to join a women only gym.
    At the moment I just feel too self conscious and intimdated by men in the gym so would prefer a women only one.
    There seems to be one in Balbriggan called 'Perfect Shape Fitness' but there website doesn't work.. Does anyone know about this gym? Membership costs? Quality of equipment?

I'm just looking for something along the lines of Curves I suppose. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Any information on this? I'm guessing not! I thought I'd seen a place called 'perfect shape' fitness on Railway street before but it seems tob e gone now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I do the plaites ?? with platnum gym, tomorrow and friday, its mostly women, if that helps?

I was hoping someone would have info on this too! I heard from a friend that Curves in Drogheda are doing a special at the moment so I plan to look into that instead. Never been a gym member before and don't fancy going to a mixed gym, prefer to start in a place like Curves too.

Was a member of Curves in Drogheda but looking for something local as can't hack the traffic and drive home - the purpose of a 30 min workout means there's no excuses as it doesn't take much time, but if I have to spend time driving there and back it's longer than 30 mins! Fussy Duddy aren't I!

I'm not that flexible yet to attempt pilates :P But thanks!

• Advertisement

Is Curves in Drogheda in the town centre? I haven't been yet but I don't drive so I'm dependant on the train... still the trains aren't that bad, especially in the evening they're regular enough.... not so much coming home though!

The Curves in Drogheda is literally right across from the bus station. A bit of a walk if you go from the train station. Grand facility, but I wasn't going because I was put off by the distance/traffic. I'd love if there was something similar in Balbriggan as I am right in the centre of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

Not too sure about Balbriggan but theres one in Skerries called Figure 8 if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Sparkles78

cathy01 wrote: »
    I do the plaites ?? with platnum gym, tomorrow and friday, its mostly women, if that helps?

Hi cathy, do you have to be a member to do the Pilates?? Any idea how much a class costs? Would love to try pilates. Thanks

Brilliant thanks for this.
    Anyone know if Figure 8 is decent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm not that flexible yet to attempt pilates :P But thanks!

I would recommend doing something like pilates as well as the gym. It wiill help you get flexible and thus helping you with your workout.

I have done pilates in my college gym (need to get back into it) and I am by no means flexibile yet but theres a variety of people in the class I go to and some seem really flexible and some aren't. You spend enough time worrying about doing the exercise to care about what others are doing to be honest.

And the more flexible you are, the less likely to get an injury when working out.

Sorry, gone on a tangent there but Pilates is a good fitness tool to have and I come out sweating after the class! :pac:

Advertisement