Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using multiple email addresses w Desire

Options
  • 22-11-2010 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    I've just been setting up Multiple Inboxes for my gmail account to allow mail from a new email address to be sent to and from my primary gmail account.

Now, I want to have the same functionality with my Desire. I am wondering if it is better to set up the Desire to

A. Get the email as it is sent to my primary address, or
    B. From the original email address itself

The way I have had to set up multiple inboxes in Gmail itself is that the mails that are sent to the secondary email address are automatically Archived in the Primary addresses inbox. This way there is no duplication and the mail only appears in the secondary inbox on-screen. But doing this means that a copy of the mail doesn't reach the desire, because it has skipped the Inbox.

I would like everything seamlessly synched, so when I read emails back on the computer, all the conversations are threaded the way they should be.

And I'd like to be able to send mails from both of my email accounts when using the Desire, with minimal hassle also.

Any tips would be awesome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The gmail widget is a waste of time imo. I have a similar problem but with only one account. Basically because of the volume of mail I get I long ago set up filters to divert the majority into archive and skip the inbox, rather than have to wade through non urgent, but still needed, stuff. Unfortunately that meant I couldn't check the new mail in my archive folders with the widget.

My solution, inelegant as it is, was to make a bookmark in the stock browser and then make a link to that in home. Works fine for me, and while I think I'm entitled to free gmail with 3 through the widget, I've a 4gb plan so I'm not too worried about it.

Not sure about sending from both accounts, but if you have the primary account set up appropriately, you should be able to switch what address its sent from via the gmail webpage.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement