Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should I(or we) vote for?

Options
  • 22-11-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Ok so the greens have limped up to the forefront and quit to save face. Bye bye..

Now comes the question, who do we vote for? Why should we vote for them? I have Ryanair at the ready to fly home and vote!

I know voting FF is not even an option but the question is why should we vote for FG, Labour, Sinn Fein?

All i hear from these parties leaves me with little confidence that anything will change in this country, obviously they cant be as bad as FF(can they??)

My heart doesn't warm to either of the two FG and Labour. Vote SF? This doesn't give me much hope either. I want political reform more than anything, but this will not happen if we just accept a different government to oust FF.

So if some people could try justify me supporting one of these parties please put their case forward. Don't come back with get rid of FF cause their old news now. wiped out.

Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I like how Fine Gael like to encourage people to get involved to propose their own policies and raise awareness of issues that are important to them. For example; my wish for prostitution to be legalised, as it would generate significant revenues from day one, is one that actually breeds discussion with the various FG heads I talk to. Debate is actively encouraged in the party, and for that reason, their transparency, I am going to vote for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Barbiexoxo10

I think fianna fail are a disgrace i certainly wouldnt give them my Vote after reading this article in the Kilkenny Advertiser.ie a Few Months Ago!
    This is The article :

Fianna Fail Councillor takes canvassed constituent to court re:Fianna Fail Lies!
    a kilkenny councillor John Coonan a Retired Psychiatric Nurse took a Constituent to Court following a row on a Canvas. Martin Ryan was Convicted of Threatening abusive and insulting behaviour which took place when he was being canvased by Cllr Coonan.
    John Coonan said he was seriously stressed by what happened and that he felt threatened and accused of neglect.
    In his Evidence Martin Ryan said that he told John Coonan he had a few issues he wanted to put to him. He asked him what he was going to do about Mental Health Services as his Brother had died he also admitted that he had used the word ' Lies ' but they were about Fianna Fail generally and not The candidate.

Disgraceful Behaviour from a Politican!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This current thread entirely consists of people discussing who they will vote for and justifying their choices. I suggest starting there.

Aside from that, Barbiexoxo10, please don't use giant text as you have done. If typing in ALL CAPITALS is the online equivalent of shouting, using giant text as you've done is the online equivalent of standing on a bar, waving your hands in the air and screaming. It's easier if everyone just contributes in the normal way please, that way we all get to have a go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement