Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new to android

Options
  • 22-11-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭

I'm new to Android , have't got hands on phone yet, it will Android 2.1, which I think wont run flash

Is there any way around this,

Thinks I'd like to be able to watch
    youtube
    rte news
    sky news

I've had a quick look on marketplace and see flash player and youtube downlaod, while they allow my 2.1 device to view flash

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

what phone do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭k123456

Samsung Europa

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

AFAIK the new 2.2 Froyo upgrade will alow it to run flash (am I mistaken in thinking all Froyo devices will?) which will be out next month/a few weeks. If not, SkyFire is your friend :)

Did you end up buying one buddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Youll have to go with skyfire for videos since the processor in the Europa wont be able to use flash even if it gets the upgrade to 2.2
    Skyfire only transcodes videos though so the Rte player itself wont work but most of the videos dotted around the rte site would

Advertisement