Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cowan Experience

Options
  • 22-11-2010 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Ok this first topic I've ever made here but I think it fits.

So Heres my conspiracy,Cowan is ruleing ireland as his own Dictatorship.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

Hes un-willing to give up power, even thought he knows the people dont want him.

He could pass an law under this retarted idea that IMF made him do it.

secondly:I be leave that that at this point, that they understand there never getting back into office for a million years, so they have nutting to lose by cutting everything.

public sector jobs will be slashed, dole will be cut to an all time low
    and there will be no way to stop them as they don't give a rats arse what we think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Flaregon wrote: »
    Ok this first topic I've ever made here but I think it fits.

So Heres my conspiracy,Cowan is ruleing ireland as his own Dictatorship.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dictatorship

Hes un-willing to give up power, even thought he knows the people dont want him.

He could pass an law under this retarted idea that IMF made him do it.

secondly:I be leave that that at this point, that they understand there never getting back into office for a million years, so they have nutting to lose by cutting everything.

public sector jobs will be slashed, dole will be cut to an all time low
    and there will be no way to stop them as they don't give a rats arse what we think.

President would have to stop any law that infringes on our rights (right to vote)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

President would have to stop any law that infringes on our rights (right to vote)

Theres ways round that, if a useless crazy little man call hittle could , why cant a beer blotted leader do it.

he can just turn around in a few months from now and say we don't have the cash to run one, and aslong as a rights are not infringed, he can do as he pleases.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No he can't. He's in a coalition government. And he's the head of a party. He can be removed from that position quite easily.

Like all people who have power, he wants to hold onto it. But his power is being severely diminished by the day. And even if FF did cut public sector workers or the dole, the next party in power could reverse it. He can't stop a general election by saying there isn't money to have one.

Sorry, Brian Cowan has made a hell of a lot of mistakes, and is grasping onto his position as best he can. But comparing him to Hitler? Wow.

No he can't. He's in a coalition government. And he's the head of a party. He can be removed from that position quite easily.

Like all people who have power, he wants to hold onto it. But his power is being severely diminished by the day. And even if FF did cut public sector workers or the dole, the next party in power could reverse it. He can't stop a general election by saying there isn't money to have one.

Sorry, Brian Cowan has made a hell of a lot of mistakes, and is grasping onto his position as best he can. But comparing him to Hitler? Wow.

:) , Why not the only difference if hittler did some good before he went crazy on drugs and starts world war 2.Cowan just Fcuked Ireland and let the EU in on the gang bang.

Can u tell me why he not gone yet then ? if its that easy ?

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/greens-call-time-on-coalition-with-fianna-fail-482762.html

Democracy in action. The system works!

And he hasn't gone yet for the simple reason that he hasn't actually HAD to leave. Bad choices... Yes. But he has done nothing which would mean he would have to legally leave the post. People didn't vote for him to be the Taoiseach. They voted for Fianna Fail to be the majority party in the government. It is not just Brian Cowan who is to blame for this. It is Fianna Fail and the decisions they and the rest of the government made over the past 10 years. Brian Cowan was a big part of it. But to try and play it off that he's trying to turn Ireland into a dictatorship with him in charge is ludicrous, as evident by the fact that the Greens leaving the coalition would result in a general election. I doubt Fianna Fail will remain in power regardless of whether Cowan is forced out of the leadership of the party or not.

• Advertisement

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/greens-call-time-on-coalition-with-fianna-fail-482762.html

Democracy in action. The system works!

And he hasn't gone yet for the simple reason that he hasn't actually HAD to leave. Bad choices... Yes. But he has done nothing which would mean he would have to legally leave the post. People didn't vote for him to be the Taoiseach. They voted for Fianna Fail to be the majority party in the government. It is not just Brian Cowan who is to blame for this. It is Fianna Fail and the decisions they and the rest of the government made over the past 10 years. Brian Cowan was a big part of it. But to try and play it off that he's trying to turn Ireland into a dictatorship with him in charge is ludicrous, as evident by the fact that the Greens leaving the coalition would result in a general election. I doubt Fianna Fail will remain in power regardless of whether Cowan is forced out of the leadership of the party or not.

ROFL, the day i make this topic, the greens leave, its quite ironic.

Nope. Coincidental. Great timing though

Advertisement