Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgrove Double Room?

Options
  • 22-11-2010 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I'll be living at Belgrove House 13 in the coming spring semester, but I got placed into a double room. Has anybody been in a double before? What are they like? Are the rooms sizable? Are there 3 or 4 people in an apartment with a double room?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Do you mean double as in a twin room or double as in a double bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

3 in the bed and the first year said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PrometheusZer0

smk89 wrote: »
    Do you mean double as in a twin room or double as in a double bed?
    I mean that I got put in a twin room, sorry for not being clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AkiThePirate

You're welcome down to Apartment 2 for a few drinks sometime... Unless you're a jerk. :D

I've not seen any double rooms, but I'd imagine that they're somewhat spacious. Being honest, I didn't even know that House 13 had double rooms, but you learn something new every day, I guess...

Presumably there are four people in the apartment, as there are normally three.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

A friend of mine stayed in a twin room in Belgrove two years ago. There's still only 3 in the apartment, just the bedroom is the size of two single bedrooms, just the wall usually between the bedrooms isn't there.

• Advertisement

A friend of mine stayed in a twin room in Belgrove two years ago. There's still only 3 in the apartment, just the bedroom is the size of two single bedrooms, just the wall usually between the bedrooms isn't there.
    That doesn't sound as bad as it could be, certainly. If push comes to shove, I'm sure some bookshelves or a bedsheet could make a suitable makeshift wall. Thanks for the info, Bryan!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Your time will be well spent looking around for the house party with the hottest girls every night for 5 months.

Your time will be well spent looking around for the house party with the hottest girls every night for 5 months.
    I hope they don't prove to be that elusive!
    How difficult is it to get into the city, or around the rest of the country for that matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Very very easy, 46A takes ya to the city centre, or at night within walking distance of a good few clubs in Dublin, and getting back costs ya like 3.50 for the taxi, you always find people goin back to UCD so its fine. As for the rest of the country, once again 46A to city centre, 5 minute talk to Busaras and you can get a bus to most towns/cities.

That depends on what you mean by around the country and around the city.

With a little luck, you can get into the city centre in twenty minutes or less and the buses aren't infrequent. Going to different parts of the city which aren't adjacent to UCD can take quite a long time depending on how frequent the buses there are and such.

Trains and buses run to most other cities quite frequently and don't take particularly long to get there, but if you're aiming to go to West Kerry/Cork or Donegal or anywhere else 'out of the way' you can spend five or six hours(Maybe more) on a bus.

Parties around Belgrove are anything but elusive, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

what RA's like?

They're pretty cool unless you're pissing somebody off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I mean that I got put in a twin room, sorry for not being clear.

I was twin in first year. They're double the size of a single with beds on either side of the room. I was with a total dick for the 1st semester but the 2nd guy was great. Rooms are kind of hard to heat but that will only be in January and some of Feburary.

All I can say is welcome to Belgrade, drink lots and it will all go away :D

p.s. as for privacy with a member of the opposite sex goes a simple gtfo to the other guy works wonders

Sage advice right there.

You can always take home a screamer anyway. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 quicksliver

Huh, I'm in 13-3 now and I didn't even know there were double rooms. Anyway, its a good enough spot, especially if you'll be spending most of your year in the Arts building:D .

Huh, I'm in 13-3 now and I didn't even know there were double rooms. Anyway, its a good enough spot, especially if you'll be spending most of your year in the Arts building:D .
    I'll be spending my time in Quinn, but I'll be right down the hall from you!

Hmm... Thinking we should throw a house 13 party to get to know each other next semester. That's way off topic, but keep it in mind.

That's very feasible, I'm already acquainted with 13-2. Between the three of us, that has to be a better part of the 1st floor. So what year are you and all that?

1st year eng. My room mate had a party at the start of the year and the RA was very sound about the whole thing.

1st year eng. My room mate had a party at the start of the year and the RA was very sound about the whole thing.
    I've gotten the impression that RAs are pretty relaxed with their application of the rules unless there's really a problem. I'm also under the impression that parties happen pretty regularly in Belgrove. I'm a second year marketing major. Are you from the area?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not. I'm from Donegal, so 9-10 hours in a bus most weekends is the norm...

Well, that's certainly closer than me. I hope to see as much of Ireland as I can while I'm there; I may recruit you to give me a brief instructional on the busses if you wouldn't mind.

Hmm... Thinking we should throw a house 13 party to get to know each other next semester. That's way off topic, but keep it in mind.
    Hell yeah.
    I only know one person from floor two and one from floor three. :confused:

I'll get back to ye on it in January. Don't want to post the details up for obvious reasons!

Okay, let's get this **** started!

Get to the bathroom, then. :pac:

okay okay you win, "Let's get this party started!"

Advertisement