Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIoneer VSA E06 power off after 5sec.

Options
  • 21-11-2010 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys have problem with my amp ,cause when i turning on it showing display for 5s and than says power off, bougt just few days ago, anybody have same problem or maybe now what's wrong.
    I'm from Limerick and looking for somebody who now good service shop..
    thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

Hi Guys have problem with my amp ,cause when i turning on it showing display for 5s and than says power off, bougt just few days ago, anybody have same problem or maybe now what's wrong.
    I'm from Limerick and looking for somebody who now good service shop..
    thanks for any help

Could be a power supply/ power regulator issue. They automatically shut off if there is a fault on power up. Can't recommend anybody in Limerick to repair only know of dublin sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 extremechef

Found service, d man trying to fix it, would have ready in ten days..hopefully !
    thanks btw for intrest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It's possible you have a short on a speaker cable ? Most amps of that calibre have output protection that kicks in after the speaker relays switch on. If there is a short on a speaker cable - even a strand touching another speaker connector at the rear of the amplifier - then it will try to protect the output stage by shutting down.Does the amp shut down after you hear a click from it ?

When you get it back make sure all your speaker connections are sound (pardon the pun :) ).

Ken

Advertisement