Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube won't download

Options
  • 21-11-2010 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Title says it all really. Youtube won't download, or when it does it's in some wierd format .... the stuff is all down the left hand side of my screen ! Is there any fix for this ? It's a Mac with Tiger software operating with Firefox and Safari both.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There are two active threads on this topic and they're both on the first screen, please scan for relevant threads before starting a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Oh touchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

coylemj wrote: »
    There are two active threads on this topic and they're both on the first screen, please scan for relevant threads before starting a new one.

Are you the new boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lapsed

coylemj wrote: »

I woul appreciate it if you would post a link. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jonnyone

Try this
    Go to top right hand corner of your screen and click Tools
    Select Internet Options
    Select Advanced
    Click Restore Advanced Settings.

• Advertisement

Oh and click Apply

Lapsed
    Just noticed that its a Mac you're using so ignore the above fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

To be honest considering that there are two other threads about this that it's not just you. I found youtube "acting up" for me too. (Same sh!t pages not loading correctly).

So, you're not alone. Just wait and try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lapsed

chin_grin wrote: »
    To be honest considering that there are two other threads about this that it's not just you. I found youtube "acting up" for me too. (Same sh!t pages not loading correctly).

So, you're not alone. Just wait and try again later.

Might this have something to do with the language (programming ) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

lapsed wrote: »
    Might this have something to do with the language (programming ) ?

I have no idea what you're asking here.

It's to do with the YouTube servers in my opinion. Based on the fact that it's happening to a lot of people at the same time so it can't be just you/something you've done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Use jdownlader it will download you tube videos. It will also download the three or four file extensions they use on the page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

I found iTubeX excellent. It allows you to download YouTube videos in .flv and .mp4, and there is also an option to extract audio from the video in mp3 format

Advertisement