Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bare faced liar's..

Options
  • 21-11-2010 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

At least we got a laugh out of Ali!.

Who would you trust with the truth first?. 46 votes

Comical Ali of Iraqi fame..
    0% 0 votes
    Brian Lenihan (sigh)
    100% 46 votes

Comments

Is this some sort of a classified ad to look for a Polish stalker?

Damn ninja edit. Now my post makes no sense. Shucks.

(pole to follow)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Well, I'm expecting an exacerbation of Lenihan's cancer for the month after the budget, only to miraculously go into remission in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

bonerm wrote: »
    Well, I'm expecting an exacerbation of Lenihan's cancer for the month after the budget, only to miraculously go into remission in the new year.

Good God. All joking aside I wish him the very best of luck with that battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They share something in common i.e. being at the end of their rope.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

liar's ?

• Advertisement

liar's ?

Yup.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

liar's ?

We're dying to hear... the liar's what? The liar's pole? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...poll has found, in summary, that the people are deeply resentful at the manner in which they believe the Government “lied” to them last week, and, consequentially, at the apparent lack of respect inherent in the Coalition’s public relations strategy. As Mr O’Dea writes today: “Putting out ministers to insist that the emperor is beautifully robed when onlookers can plainly see he is stark naked cannot be justified as a media strategy, even by the most inept of communications managers.”

Asked whether they welcomed the IMF intervention, 63 per cent said yes and 37 per cent said no. Asked if there was tactical advantage in the Government “lying” to the public last week, 79 per cent said no and 21 per cent said yes.

The country is divided, but largely indifferent, on the question of whether the events of last week were a betrayal of the men and women of 1916: 47 per cent said yes, but 53 per cent said no.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/a-nations-outrage-to-drive-cowen-out-2429376.html

bluewolf wrote: »
    We're dying to hear... the liar's what? The liar's pole? :eek:

Did you know that slavery was only made illegal in England last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I suppose now that the IMF's running the country, there's no need for Cowen and Co to be hanging around cluttering up Leinster House? It must be time for them to take their Bosco lunch-boxes home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Better than being a Bare-Arsed liar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

At least some of what Ali said was true:

“We have placed them in a quagmire from which they can never emerge except dead”

"Washington has thrown their soldiers on the fire"

"I speak better English than this villain Bush"

"These cowards have no morals. They have no shame about lying"

"That bastard the American Minister of Defense Rumsfeld, and I won't say shamelessly, because they don't know what shame means. These are criminals. The whole word can hear the warning sirens. This criminal sitting in the White House is a pathetic criminal and his Defense Minister deserves to be beaten. These criminals lie to the world because they are criminals by nature and conditioning. They consider this a military site! Shame on you! You will forever be shamed! You have ruined the reputation of the American people in the most terrible way! Shame on you! And we will destroy you!"

"the louts of colonialism."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

ejmaztec wrote: »
    ...It must be time for them to take their Bosco lunch-boxes home.
    We'd be so lucky! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

johnn wrote: »
    Better than being a Bare-Arsed liar.

With Cowen it's hard to tell the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I suppose now that the IMF's running the country, there's no need for Cowen and Co to be hanging around cluttering up Leinster House? It must be time for them to take their Bosco lunch-boxes home.

I'll miss Cowen when he's gone....everytime I see him it reminds me of Bo Selecta

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs343.snc4/41578_128515172688_4778331_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

liar's ?
    Liar's what?

Im guessing you meant "Liars"

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Liar's what?

Im guessing you meant "Liars"

You have way too much time on your hands bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

johnn wrote: »
    You have way too much time on your hands bro.
    No, just ridiculously inaccurate punctuation really p!sses me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

bonerm wrote: »

Judging the current FF by Haughey's standards and tactics? There's no reason to equate the two.....oh, hang on....there is!

OP, where's the "Neither" option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

not chemical ali, but there are some striking similarities here between Lenihan and the former Iraqi information minister

• Advertisement

its pisses.

marcsignal wrote: »
    not chemical ali, but there are some striking similarities here between Lenihan and the former Iraqi information minister

Look at 0:33 on the top video when Cowen pops his ugly head in. What's he got to be so smug about?

Poor!, ewe.

marcsignal wrote: »

The Iraqi Information Minister was 'Comical Ali' - Thread title!.. :p

Advertisement