Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let the BEEB know how you feel!

Options
  • 21-11-2010 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

BBC (unlike RTE) have a comments section in their articles. If you feel this bailout is wrong or bad or whatever, let them know what you think about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11805529

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

So they can do what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

So they can do what exactly?

Have a good laugh at Mick and Paddy on Have I got News for you next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

BBC (unlike RTE) have a comments section in their articles. If you feel this bailout is wrong or bad or whatever, let them know what you think about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11805529

It's called transparency, RTE don't do it.

(Although they do have a moderated comment facility on their blog pages-they tend not to publish anything that outs Tubridy, Duffy, O Connor, Finucane, and Miriam as FF shills with proven connections and referenced on air bias, I've noticed.)

The BBC have done this state more service than RTE, throughout this crisis.

(Exceptions are starting to pop up now, though, that the RTE woodentops see their protected status slipping away-Richard Crowley tore Lenny a new one, at lunchtime today-worth a listen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

My name isn't mick or paddy..... People are complaining in AH, people are complaining about people complaining in AH, why not spread the complaints and maybe let the bbc see some different viewpoints instead of the two people they interview on grafton st whenever they do a story about Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Collie D wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

The BBC. A great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Meh. Those comment lines rarely turn out to be anything more than your average AH thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

My name isn't mick or paddy..... People are complaining in AH, people are complaining about people complaining in AH, why not spread the complaints and maybe let the bbc see some different viewpoints instead of the two people they interview on grafton st whenever they do a story about Ireland.

I meant that I think there is a certain amount of schadenfreude in Europe at the moment about our problems. In my opinion, the EU (especially Gaermany) have been enviously eying up our low corporation tax for years and finally look like they have an excuse to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Can I tell them to have Liverpool on first on MOTD for once?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Collie D wrote: »

Yeah, because as a nation, we've acquitted ourselves really up to this. Oh wait...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Meh. Those comment lines rarely turn out to be anything more than your average AH thread anyway.

So? I posted this in AH. I'm not expecting pulitzer stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Can I tell them to have Liverpool on first on MOTD for once?

MOTD arrange their schedule on the basis that a good game is shown first.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bonerm wrote: »
    MOTD arrange their schedule on the basis that a good game is shown first.

Ouch!

The truth does hurt though.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

It's called transparency, RTE don't do it..

TBH Not a big fan of news sites with a "let us know what you think" facility.

On the few occasions Ive visited BBC HYS Ive found it to be a soapbox for racists, idiots, cranks and the generally clueless.

I call it the "Joe Duffy effect"

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Not that different from AH then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    TBH Not a big fan of news sites with a "let us know what you think" facility.

On the few occasions Ive visited BBC HYS Ive found it to be a soapbox for racists, idiots, cranks and the generally clueless.

I call it the "Joe Duffy effect"

Yep, the dominant demographic tends to be tempered (for bad or good) by those who actually phone in/type a response.

Still, RTE would never wear it, Tubridy might read posted comments and have his feelings hurt again!

Advertisement