Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire HD Wall Charger issue

Options
  • 21-11-2010 2:13pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just purchased a Desire HD and can't get the wall charger to work. The phone charges fine over USB (albeit slowly) but not when it's used to plug into the wall.

The set up for this seems a bit flimsy - having to stick the USB end into an attachment which, in turn, sticks into a plug. When I put it all together (and make sure they're fitting together snugly), there's no indication that it's charging (no RED light). I tried a number of sockets, all of which I know are working. I also noticed when you go to plug it out, it leaves the plug component in the wall, which can be tricky to get out.

Am I doing something wrong or are other people experiencing issues?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Did you assemble it correctly?

You insert the piece with the HTC logo on it parallel to your left palm, then turn it counter clockwise firmly, until it turns no further.

Personally, i hate the thing. Too difficult to plug into a corner without it getting in the way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I feel embarrassed now :o I wasn't twisting it as you said.

It's quite a bulky charger, I'll agree but better than via USB alone.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

ixoy wrote: »
    I feel embarrassed now :o I wasn't twisting it as you said.

Trust me, I didn't figure it out straight away either. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

I was the same, I was even looking for tutorials on how to charge the dam phone on youtube...it was accidental that I got it to work. :o

Advertisement