Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case for a macbook pro?

Options
  • 21-11-2010 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Just got a macbook pro and I can;t decide what case to go for ;

This one seems quite good but Im not sure if I would be better off getting a case or a proper sleeve/bag?

http://store.apple.com/ie/product/TW291ZM/B?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTc4MzMyNTA

I was advised to stick with the cases that apple offer as they will have the proper fit... Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

PARARORY wrote: »
    This one seems quite good but Im not sure if I would be better off getting a case or a proper sleeve/bag?
    Both, I would suggest. The MBP's aluminium enclosure is very vulnerable to damage. You should definitely have a bag with a laptop compartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Both, I would suggest. The MBP's aluminium enclosure is very vulnerable to damage. You should definitely have a bag with a laptop compartment.

How bad is the case? As bad as the crackbooks?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The aluminium enclosure is far superior to the plastic, but in the case of a fall or a bump, it's not as a durable. The plastic might crack but (provided the shock doesn't kill them) the internal components could be okay. The aluminium, on the other hand, will dent very easily, destroying the internal components in the process.

However, this has to be weighed against the fact that you could baby a Plasticbook, never drop it, always wash your hands, etc, and it will still probably turn into a yellowing, cracking, piece of sh*t all by itself after a couple of years. Where as a well-taken care of aluminium enclosure will still look great.

Moral of the story - get a Macbook Pro but take care of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Ah grand so dont drop the 1100 euro laptop :D

Advertisement