Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA parcel deliveries Customs & Excise Ireland

Options
  • 21-11-2010 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i couldn't decide which forum was the most appropriate to post this!
    I ordered a few things (aftershave) from Amazon in US & iv heard a lot of stories that customs in Ireland are stopping a lot of parcel deliveries if they are subject to excise duty.
    Im just wondering if all parcels are stopped
    I have googled this query already but couldn't find the answer i needed :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Hi guys i couldn't decide which forum was the most appropriate to post this!
    I ordered a few things (aftershave) from Amazon in US & iv heard a lot of stories that customs in Ireland are stopping a lot of parcel deliveries if they are subject to excise duty.
    Im just wondering if all parcels are stopped
    I have googled this query already but couldn't find the answer i needed :rolleyes:

why not just pay your taxes like a good little citizen ;) we're all kinda stuck for the money so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

and you ask in AH !!

import tax/duty ... you can expect to pay approx 21% ... from my experience they make up amounts (I've been charged different amounts for the same thing arriving from the same people)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

PCPhoto wrote: »
    and you ask in AH !!

import tax/duty ... you can expect to pay approx 21% ... from my experience they make up amounts (I've been charged different amounts for the same thing arriving from the same people)

+€6 handling fee by An Post if it's not coming through the courier services.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Nforce wrote: »
    +€6 handling fee by An Post if it's not coming through the courier services.

yeah - forgot about that

€6 fee for doing their job !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Not all parcels are stopped as I can confirm from experience. It's not just from the USA too - try importing tobacco over the internet from the EU. It's hit and miss - just order small and often.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Im broke as a whores matress thats why im buying my Dior from United States its way way cheaper 50% :)
    Iv heard rumour that Customs hav really clamped down :mad:
    I suppose someone has to pay back this 100,000000000 thats 100 Billion (small change the way the 2 Brians are going on)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Lazy OP is lazy.

Wrong forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement