Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

present idea for friend type guy

Options
  • 20-11-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

hey all,

im working in a woodies store for the past 4 weeks and have gotten to know the people i work with quite well, most of them guys in their 20s. im in my 20s too. theres a guy there (28) and hes made it clear to me that he fancies me and knows that the feeling isnt mutual. however he bought me a charm bracelet for my bday (worth about €50) im just wondering if it wud be the right thing to do to get him a small xmas present?
    4 those of y'ee who think i should get him a gift, can you give me any ideas?
    it'd just be a token, perhaps up to €30 maximum?

any ideas? im seriously smashed so needs to be €20-€30 max

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hayzooz

hes made it clear to me that he fancies me and knows that the feeling isnt mutual

Just buy him a drink at the crimbo party....don't lead him on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Definitely do not get him a gift if you don't fancy him. You've only known him four weeks!

IF he gets you one, then I would suggest popping into a gadget-y type shop and picking him up something like one of those bottle-opener-keyrings or something funky and non-romantic. But only if he gets you something, otherwise it will send the absolute wrong signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭gillian1983

i can see where you're coming from but i have told him straight out that i am not ever going to be his girlfriend. i just feel bad about him spending €50 on me and me not getting him a single thing for xmas.. also its his bday on friday, should i get him something small for his bday even? hes a really nice guy and id hate to look like a bitch by not making an effort.
    i had planned to buy him a v neck tshirt cos he wears them all the time, what u think?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Ficheall

BJ in the staff bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

If you are getting him a gift I like the t-shirt idea, it's thoughtful because he will get wear out of it but it's not insanely personal either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement