Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trance music

Options
  • 20-11-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Does anyone out there know off any underground trance producers. I love trance but my knowledge is limited to the more well know names llike Armin van burren gareth emery ect.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Tiesto is pretty Underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Cant vouch for this link & wouldnt really be my bag but have a gander around here,

http://www.danceunderworld.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

I don't think you could really describe many trance artists as underground, more that they just aren't recognised yet.

Check out Nitrous Oxide, he's not overly famous but is a sick producer.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

theres no such thing as underground trance, thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

+1 on Nitrous Oxide. His Dreamcatcher LP is pretty decent and some nice stuff on there.

Personally I'd suggest you check out Boom Jinx. He's got some fantastic early stuff, right up to a more progressive sound as of late. Paul Hagen & Ron M are worth checking out also, especially Riddles in the Sand (one of the best trance tracks I've heard all year).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Andesitis

TRY SOME ISRAELI TRANCE! ASTRIX, U RECKEN, YAHEL, INFECTED MUSHROOM...THERE ARE A LOT. ARMIN, TIESTO ETC ARE MORE COMMERCIAL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Cormacp6 wrote: »
    Does anyone out there know off any underground trance producers. I love trance but my knowledge is limited to the more well know names llike Armin van burren gareth emery ect.

Underground Trance is most likely to be Psy trance which is a lot heavier than your cheesy trance like Tiesto/Van Burren,etc, Psy Trance is quite similar to Acid Techno in many ways..other than that it's difficult to pick any, although Art Of Trance have been going since the 1990's and released some non cheesy tunes last year this is a very good tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s30yJw3gEPc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

GOA trance is pretty cool. Usually very heavy too. Check out Juno Reactors stuff. Bible of Dreams a good album to start with :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

SteoL wrote: »
    GOA trance is pretty cool. Usually very heavy too. Check out Juno Reactors stuff. Bible of Dreams a good album to start with :D

agreed.

Psy Trance is effectively just a name that replaced Goa Trance same as Drum & Bass replaced the name Jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Are you just looking for the relatively unheard of? Or just trying to stay away from the cheese?

Maybe try Thomas Bronzwaer or Myon and Shane 54? Not underground by any means but less known, and slightly less cheesy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cormacp6

Thanks for all the replys lads some great tracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭twistyj

HoggyRS wrote: »
    I don't think you could really describe many trance artists as underground, more that they just aren't recognised yet.

Check out Nitrous Oxide, he's not overly famous but is a sick producer.

My favourite producer! Fair play hoggyrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

HoggyRS wrote: »
    he's not overly famous but is a sick producer.

Mmmmm......i thought a bottle of tullamore dew downed in 1 was 'Sick Producer':D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Ronski Speed, Lange, Matteo Marini, Cosmic Gate, Shiloh, Some of Jerome Isla's stuff fits in the trance category (Cant believe how much he's released in the past few years!).

For more subtle "unknown" trance sounds check out the Bonzai label.

PsyTrance is more underground I guess, an acquired taste compared to regular trance, the majority just doesn't have the same "Thump" on the baseline unless its keyed down alot but I do throw in quite a bit in the mix.

Ace Ventura, Cosmic Tone, Liquid Soul some of the Bonzai stuffs you might check out.

Advertisement