Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for Gaming PC

Options
  • 20-11-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi

I want to buy a gaming PC and would appreciate a recommendation on a good spec for a gaming PC under €900?

Many Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are you talking about one from a bricks and mortar shop, the internet or building one yourself?
    if you are talking about a shop then you are going to pay over the odds for it and most likely your best bet would be Dell but as i say you can get more with your money
    if you are looking for a pre-built pc or or are looking to build it yourself i would check this forum first and ask your questions there as they are all very helpful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 valeriadaniel

Intel 775 Desktop PCs - T/Take Armor

intel 775 desktop - t/take armor this costs around 560 euro and if u need a monitor dabs.ie are doing flatscreen monitors for around 90 euro

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have a look at the building and upgrading forum next door. There is a great thread on budget builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MoneyMagnet

I don't have the skills to build my own, is there any Irish based companies who would do a build for a gaming PC or am I best served to get a good spec from someone like Dell?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Don't put Dell and good spec in the same sentence /shudder.

A german site, hardwareversand.de, is popular in Building and Upgrading. They'll even assemble it for you for €10. Also putting it together is not hard, it's just like Lego!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I don't have the skills to build my own, is there any Irish based companies who would do a build for a gaming PC or am I best served to get a good spec from someone like Dell?

Yes you do anybody can. :) A self build with a 900 euro budget will get you a much better PC than any overpriced Alienware(Dell) or similar. Also there are a load of success stories on the B&U forum from the german site 5suspect mentioned below.

Advertisement