Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 Gigapixel picture

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

eerily amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Red rectangle = this

Impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what I wanna know is...... what does the camera look like ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

An 80 giga-pixel panorama of London made from almost 8000 individual shots.

That's actually insane, especially when you zoom right on on all the little people dotted about in it then zoom right back out again...that really is pretty damn impressive!
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Think this was on BBC's Click show a while back. Just a high end camera that's put on a moving stage that takes photos and then stitches them together. Simple enough to do, but very effective results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Here's Budapest in 70 Gigapixel, zoom in on the buildings on the horizon, its scary the detail
    http://70gigapixel.cloudapp.net/index_en.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Mad! on the far right, that is a waterfall. If you zoom in all the way, you can see the bridge over it, and people around it. You can even see a sign to the left (cant make it out though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

That's actually insane, especially when you zoom right on on all the little people dotted about in it then zoom right back out again...that really is pretty damn impressive!
    :cool:

Yeah it's unreal, there is one part where you can read The Sun newspaper over a guy's shoulder! It wasn't page three :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Cool that you can see all those people and that bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I eagerly await the "Where's Wally" team to get in on this technology, there could be hours of entertainment to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I eagerly await the "Where's Wally" team to get in on this technology, there could be hours of entertainment to be had.

I hope so, perhaps Herzog will get on board for a sequel to his original groundbreaking documentary :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭rn

Magnificent photo. I made it to the the foot of the half dome 4 years ago. But couldn't make it to the top, got cold feet climbing the exposed rock face about half way up. But yosemite is a magnificent park. You can trek for days in it. No mobile coverage, its a real holiday! I'm amazed how quiet the trails are that I zoomed in on... I remember them being much busier.

Advertisement