Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartphone situation... No idea what to do??

Options
  • 20-11-2010 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so i want to upgrade my phone *I have htc hero unlocked on meteor network*

I want to keep free any network texts and maybe if possible my number.
    The phone i have been looking at is the desire hd. Sim free was my first option but it is looking like a very over priced one at that over 500!!

Next problem being stock levels are horrible everywhere. So what should i do??? Is vodafone an option? is it even possible to buy the phone from them say next week for example? With out being on bill.

Are there any phones on the same of higher level then the desire hd??

I dunno if i should just say feck it and not upgrade at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

You want a Rolls Royce phone for Morris Minor money. It's not gonna happen, the reason it's that price on PAYG is because that's what it's worth, it's cheaper on Bill pay because they are subsidizing you.

It's possible to bring your number with you to any network but I couldn't be certain about free any network texts. That would depend on what you plan you choose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

You want a Rolls Royce phone for Morris Minor money. It's not gonna happen, the reason it's that price on PAYG is because that's what it's worth, it's cheaper on Bill pay because they are subsidizing you.

It's possible to bring your number with you to any network but I couldn't be certain about free any network texts. That would depend on what you plan you choose

My point on price was sim free your paying nearly 600 no phone is worth that. Payg is less then 500 which is bit more honest just finding one in stock is a problem

Advertisement