Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BW Guess the Name Thread

Options
  • 20-11-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

With this image, I got an idea:
    black-white-starter-names-coming.jpg
    Let's play guess the English name of the BW Pokemon!

You can have as many guesses as you like, but you can not guess a Pokemon that either has it's English name (eg Zekrom) or on the day it's name is revealed (eg guessing for the starters ends on 22nd November). You can not guess the same name as anyone else. Whoever can get the closest to the name wins a Premier Ball from the nearest Pokemart :p

Warning this thread may contain spoilers, images or other awesome BW information. Please avoid this thread if you want to be spoiler free.

So grind your GiGiGear mind and guess some names!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Well, I'm gonna be hopeful and guess that Nintendo will listen to the fans. C'mon, Smugleaf! Also, I'd be happy if Wotter will be used.

As for FirePig, that's a less likely name... I'm gonna go with Emboar. Ember, boar... They like puns.

[EDIT] Just realised that'll probably be the final evolution's name instead. And FFS, I checked Bulbapedia and it's sitting there. Damn psychic spies. Ummm... Porkburn... Why not

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'll have a shot at the starters: Lizleaf, Piglite and Aquater :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I really like Emboar, I hope it's real!

My guesses:

Azaleasp
    Pignite
    Totter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

it's 22nd already, but I haven't seen any press release from ninty yet so...
    Grass : Arbewt
    Water : Pudlot
    Fire : Much as I want him to be called Hamlet, I'm going with... um... Gamber.

So. Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott. And Isshu is the Unova Region... I'm not thrilled.

• Advertisement

Snivy is good, I like it! It really suits it.
    Oshawott is..weird but ok, kind of like Wotter.
    Tepig and Unova aren't so great :/

They've made so many disappointing decisions with the fire pig line..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Please tell me they're just taking the piss with us...

It looks as if they just threw a crap-ton of letters into a random generator and took the results!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think they should have left the English name as Pokabu, sounds better than Tepig =/

And why would they rename the region, it makes no sense to me.

I think the English names are okay except for Wotter and the renaming of Region. Some of the other languages are win IMO. Floink FTW!

Japanese Name English Name French Name German Name
    Tsutarja Snivy Vipélierre Serpifeu
    Pokabu Tepig Gruikui Floink
    Mijumaru Oshawott Moustillon Ottaro

Why can't we have Floink instead? Tepig might be a clever name but it doesn't really roll off the tongue.

Ah well, I'm sure we'll get used to them in no time, just like we did when the images were first revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

So with the smallest pig being "tepid", does that mean he'll evolve into Warmpig and then into Hothog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I like snivy, that's perfect.

Well, what do we think the evolutions will be called? Respectively, I'm going with:

Janovy - Iviss
    Jalorda - Slord/ Legs
    Chaboo - Charpig
    Enbuoh - Emboar
    Futachimaru - Warriotter
    Daikenki - Samurotter

Also, I've been calling Hihidaruma 'Rape Ape'. That probably won't be its name, but damned if it doesn't fit.

I'm going to guess the Emo Dragon line:

Spr_5b_633.png-> Monodra
    Spr_5b_634.png-> Duodra
    Spr_5b_635.png-> Tridra/Dreida

Advertisement