Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MyTaxEuro

Options
  • 20-11-2010 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This site - http://www.mytaxeuro.org -has popped up recently. It generates a "tax receipt" based on a salary you input, showing how much (per cent and actual euro value) of your tax goes where. Social welfare, health, education, agriculture, etc. Fascinating to see how the pie is actually split.

Very interesting to see the breakdown. Might be a good starting point for any fact-based discussion on what needs to change in Budget 2011.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

"Your Salary €12000
    Your taxes & levies paid 0.0% €0"

Happy with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

"Your Salary €12000

Happy with that!

:rolleyes: ???????????? so your planning on earning 12,000 a year

:rolleyes: ???????????? so your planning on earning 12,000 a year

It's what I earn right now! That €12,000 will always be earned on the side so will never be taxed, even when I start proper work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dublin4Life

It's what I earn right now! That €12,000 will always be earned on the side so will never be taxed, even when I start proper work!

Proper work my ass, Its your crowd that have broken our country :mad:

Proper work my ass, Its your crowd that have broken our country :mad:

Like it or loathe it but pubs are a cornerstone to Irish society

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Like it or loathe it but pubs are a cornerstone to Irish society

A pint of guinness when your ready boss..

Good man, there you go. That'll be €4.80

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Empire o de Sun

I'm paying double now in Germany. Compared it to what I'd pay in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

jppbesq wrote: »
    This site - http://www.mytaxeuro.org -has popped up recently. It generates a "tax receipt" based on a salary you input, showing how much (per cent and actual euro value) of your tax goes where. Social welfare, health, education, agriculture, etc. Fascinating to see how the pie is actually split.

Very interesting to see the breakdown. Might be a good starting point for any fact-based discussion on what needs to change in Budget 2011.

I spotted the site a week ago, of every €100 that is paid in tax and levies €34 goes to welfare and €31 to public service pay and pensions

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

"Your Salary €12000

Happy with that!

dont know ur situation but of someone earning 12k a fair chunk goes on VAT, excise duties , TV tax, insurance levies, etc , etc

seeing that our national expenditure breaks down roughly to

35% social welfare
    25% health
    15% education

75% on those 3 sectors, I wonder how this compares to say the UK, US, Australia as well as other European countries

• Advertisement
Advertisement