Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show Names!

Options
  • 19-11-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi im wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help me give me boy a show name!
    16.1hh dark bay, tb gelding. His stable name is Mozart, aka Mozy.
    He was a "rescue" he was in a dreadfull state when i bought him and has taken me 2 yrs but he is now fat and happy!
    He is known as the Kate Moss of the yard and we were thinking of the name Size Zero, but had mixed reactions!
    Personality which if he got any more laid back he wud be flat on his back. Super chilled, and jst a sweet guy.
    any help wud be great! I'll try put up a pic to help!
    DSC00499.JPG

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Size Zero is actually quite funny - I like it.

From experience, I've found you're always going to have at least one person dislike the name you choose, so my advice would be to find something you like and go with it. Afterall, he's your horse, so once you find a name you like, stick with it! :)

He's lovely... Best of luck with him!

PS - how about Mozy Mozart? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Going to be very original here and suggest Wolfgang Mozart :o or even C Major (or something musical).

I like the name Size Zero! Wouldn't be overly popular too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Unfinished Symphony
    Music Maestro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

I like Size Zero. Its origional, You have a reason. So Why Not.
    Bet there were loads of people who wouldnot have called theirs. Arkle, Boomerang, Dawn Run, Istabraq. Rockbarton.Gabhran. The list is endless

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

K-moss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

first of all, he's gorgeous!! love Size Zero, its clever!!! and so often you dont get the chance to choose your horse's name, so go with something you like! jealous that i didnt think of it first :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

call him size zero with the name of your area before it.
    example Templebready Fear Bui
    so your lad could be something along the lines of Templebready Size Zero.
    i know this seems weird, but i think it sounds class!!
    (clearly templebready isnt an option, use your own townland.)

fine looking horse by the way, real nice stamp of a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bullylover

Thanks everyone:) Passport papers were sent off this morning! final decision was Size Zero, we did think they wud appreciate our second choice of "Annereki wano Brekie" :P
    Thanks for the comments on him, its taken 2 years to get him half right and really appreciate it esp. when all you usually hear is "ah he's alright but he is a thoroughbred":[
    He's my wee lad and i am delighted i got the chance to rescue him:)
    Watch this space and remember Size Zero:):D
    Thanks again:)

oh and jst to show how far we have come, heres a pic of him about 3 months after i bought him, and this is fat compared to how i got him!
    He had some "trust" issues.... aka thought everyone was going to beat him. He is all gravey now:) a lovely boy who has actually turned into a yard dog:P and follows us about:D ,<3's him:)
    Thanks again everyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ADDON

How about Zero2Hero ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

bullylover wrote: »
    oh and jst to show how far we have come, heres a pic of him about 3 months after i bought him, and this is fat compared to how i got him!
    He had some "trust" issues.... aka thought everyone was going to beat him. He is all gravey now:) a lovely boy who has actually turned into a yard dog:P and follows us about:D ,<3's him:)
    Thanks again everyone:)
    wow, what a change, good for you!

ok its official Mozarts passport arrived this morning! out of the 4 suggested names the HSI picked... wait for it....
    Annerekie Wano Brekie!!
    I cant beleive the picked it! We jst put it in for the laugh! lmao We should be turning heads very soon at the shows!!
    Thanks to everyone who helped with the names they are all brilliant!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

We'll definitely remember that name now!

Pity you didn't get your other choices, but it's probable that they're already taken.

It'll be fun when a commentator goes to announce that at a show! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

bullylover wrote: »
    Thanks everyone:) Passport papers were sent off this morning! final decision was Size Zero, we did think they wud appreciate our second choice of "Annereki wano Brekie" :P
    Thanks for the comments on him, its taken 2 years to get him half right and really appreciate it esp. when all you usually hear is "ah he's alright but he is a thoroughbred":[
    He's my wee lad and i am delighted i got the chance to rescue him:)
    Watch this space and remember Size Zero:):D
    Thanks again:)

He actually looks a LOT like my thoroughbred who also took forever to lose that half dead look. Except mine turns orange :pac:. He's lovely!

Advertisement