Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avid Smack

Options
  • 19-11-2010 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use the Avid Smack Compressor ?

Any opinions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

at digi's prices (350) its over priced and distinctly average.

at ebay prices (30) its a bargain.

take away price and its an ok compressor. never been a big fan but its ok on drum bus if you drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Ye I like smack one of my favourite plug ins.
    The optical mode is very smooth , the odd and even harmonics work well and not oversold. The attack and release are very musical not as fast attack as others not sure what exact speed the attack is at its fastest setting.

The warm setting again works well not compromising the solidity of the sound which a lot of tube emulations in plug in format seem to do just make things sound softer. When compressing hard the high end remains intact.

My tuppence worth

Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I keen thinking the title of this thread is Avoid Smack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Are you recommending that we Avoid Pro Tools too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

coincidently, i was standing behind the engineer at the ellie goulding gig in tripod the other night and the engineer had quite a few instances of smack running on the digi venue desk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement