Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you getting asleep at night....?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

My title on the above is designed to be eyecatching...Its specific to parents of special needs kids. Up until recently we have only been getting a couple of hours sleep every night. This has been going on the past 2 years.

Our child has symptoms of authism however his actual condition is severe intellectual disability. He will go to bed at 8 at night and get up at 12. He will then be up on the hour for the rest of the night. This has been very hard on us and believe it or not has actually taken its toll on our child as he sleeps a lot during the day.

Then we were introduced to the cosy sleep system( this is not the actual title but i am not focused on advertising here) This is effectivly a room in a room. Its 5ft high and the child is zipped into it. Its effectivly like a bed surrounded by 4 walls. Its scary to describe but excellent in its function.

Anyway my reason for this discussion is to let you parents know there is hope for you. I can answer any questions you have. Even consider posting pictures or else just let the thread fade away if your happy...

Hope this is of interest as its been a life saver to us.

Advertisement