Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best android handset for dev purpose?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

I am on a look out for a android handset purely for development (not into games - so resolution wouldn't matter) and as its for development, if it's cheap and has android 2.1, by all means... great...

I like the Desire but I am an owner of a similar spec handset which is the Samsung Wave, so no point going for something like Desire...

any suggestions?

Cheers :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

thread moved mobiles & pdas --> android.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I believe the ZTE Blade/ Orange San Francisco is about the cheapest decent Android handset around.

Circa 100 euro, iirc.

Catch is you'd have to get in online, or pop up to the Orange shop in Newry.

Unlock code is available for a fiver... or i think it might be avaialable for free by now(?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

if your into development in a big way the new nexus s is probably what you want it wont be cheap though

buying a cheap phone for development is a bit counterintuitive seen as it is not going to have all the features that you might want to incorporate into your apps

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

PeakOutput wrote: »
    if your into development in a big way the new nexus s is probably what you want it wont be cheap though

buying a cheap phone for development is a bit counterintuitive seen as it is not going to have all the features that you might want to incorporate into your apps

Uhh.... the nexus seems pricey... like, it's basic android 2.1, no fancy stuff, no graphics etc... no sounds, multimedia etc... it's more of business orientated apps...with minimal UI designs....:cool:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Uhh.... the nexus seems pricey... like, it's basic android 2.1, no fancy stuff, no graphics etc... no sounds, multimedia etc... it's more of business orientated apps...with minimal UI designs....:cool:

I think he was referring to the Samsung Nexus S, not the Google Nexus.

• Advertisement

Samsung Nexus S???? well... my budget would be about 300euro - max 350euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

wernstrom! wrote: »
    I think he was referring to the Samsung Nexus S, not the Google Nexus.

that is what i was refering to but if he isnt really planning on using features like gps and accelerometers then maybe a cheaper phone will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Maybe think about getting a tablet?

Colibri wrote: »
    Maybe think about getting a tablet?

Err.... I think you've misread/mis-interpreted this thread...:D

Am looking for a basic Android Handset.... with at most minimum 300euro... can push to 350euro... I did not specify tablet.... :p

Advertisement