Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'HELP NEEDED' thread (need help with a show or media project?)

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

This thread has been created to facilitate those of you who:
    • Need help with a radio programme, documentary, etc. (i.e.: contributors, panelists, voice actors, technicians, participants of other kinds)
    • Need help with a college media project (i.e.: contributors, research help, etc.)

If you require that kind of help from the boards.ie radio forum community, please post your message here. Threads started on the forum which request this kind of help will be moved here by the moderators.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Purpletime

Doing a study for college and looking to get anyone from wicklow preferably!
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/X8D9ZZ3

Thanks,
    Katie

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Done that for you there now.

Aw thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bosch

Done (although I had to leave half of it blank as I don't listen to East Coast)...

B.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

done.

Thank you! Oh its grand, better to leave it blank, people have a tendancy to fill in anything even if it doesn't apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Note to Mods: I couldn't decipher if this was acceptable to post here according to the charter so feel free to delete or move if it isn't.

I am looking to find two Production Assistants to work on an ambitious new project and something that has never been done before in Irish broadcasting. The positions would suit people looking to get a foot in the door and some working experience in the industry. They would also ideally Dublin-based or able to commute there on a weekly basis.

No working experience is necessary for the positions: I am looking to find the right people, not the most experienced. You will need to be passionate about radio, though, have a great work ethic and an enthusiasm for production. This project has big ambitions minus the resources of a bigger station...therefore a lot of hard work and get-up-and-go is required. In other words, if you get a kick from seeing your ideas and hard-work come to life in a big way...this is for you!

The two positions are as follows:

Technical Assistant
    Ideal for budding sound engineers, I need someone with a strong grasp on the technical side of radio. This would be a versatile individual with a wide-ranging technical knowledge. From building a studio to editing with Adobe Audition to trouble-shooting, this person needs to be well-rounded and creative – looking to innovate and taking pride in their work.

Creative Assistant
    This would suit a people-person who relishes any opportunity to put themselves out there and find out what is going on in the streets of Ireland today. They need to have a creative flair and be able to come up with and develop fun, innovative ideas for links, skits, projects etc. They also need to be bubbly and have a knack for getting others to come out of their shell.

If interested, please apply via a cover note stating your suitability for the position and a contact number to OfficialRaginRick@gmail.com. As stated, experience is not essential, but I’m looking for two stand-out candidates who deserve an opportunity to demonstrate their skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

I'm doing a documentary for college on comparing the 1980s recession to the current recession and need contributors who would be able to talk about unemployment rates and immigration rates in both recessions. O'd need someone who preferably would have experience in both areas who would be able to talk about the facts and figures at length

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Breifne

I'm looking for enthusiastic people to get involved in a new Sports Show aimed at the dublin area. This show will cover all sports, and will be broadcast weekly to the dublin area on an established radio station.

We are looking for people to get involved, on a voluntary capacity, whatever your interest or skill set, there will be a number of opportunities to present, research, produce or report as part of the team, and would be great experience for someone looking to gain experience in Radio or Sports Journalism.

If you are interested, why not drop an email with CV, photo and sample radio report (video will also do) to me. show will be going live in two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Breifne wrote: »
    I'm looking for enthusiastic people to get involved in a new Sports Show aimed at the dublin area. This show will cover all sports, and will be broadcast weekly to the dublin area on an established radio station.

We are looking for people to get involved, on a voluntary capacity, whatever your interest or skill set, there will be a number of opportunities to present, research, produce or report as part of the team, and would be great experience for someone looking to gain experience in Radio or Sports Journalism.

If you are interested, why not drop an email with CV, photo and sample radio report (video will also do) to me. show will be going live in two weeks.

Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Don't post email addresses please as they become targets for spam-bots. If someone wants to contact you, they can make the initial contact via Boards.ie's PM system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Bard wrote: »
    Don't post email addresses please as they become targets for spam-bots. If someone wants to contact you, they can make the initial contact via Boards.ie's PM system.

nobody gave email addresses

nobody gave email addresses

Breifne did, then it appeared in your post as you quoted it. They've been moderated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Pink Adoptions

OpenFM emailed us this:
    OpenFM- A space that celebrates Openness through sound.
    Last year OpenFM became the first licensed radio station in Ireland which targeted to cater for the LGBT community in Dublin on FM and to the rest of the country/world online.
    This year OpenFM hopes to match our successes and succeed them, but to do that we need to increase our volunteer staff.
    I write to you to ask you to spread the word, let friends and co-workers know we are looking.
    If you have the time, we would appreciate if you could print off the Available roles attached and pin them up somewhere where others can see them. It’s one page and will take you 20 seconds. This small action helps us so much!

If you have any questions or would like to direct any questions to the Management or Team at OpenFM please feel free to contact us at info@openfm.ie
    Thank you for reading this

We have put the list of jobs here for review:
    http://irishpinkadoptions.com/2011/03/02/openfm-licensed-lgbt-radio-station-recruiting-you/

No point in dragging up the old OpenFM thread - hence I've moved this call for recruitment to the appropriate place - the "Help Needed" thread. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Pink Adoptions

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Radio CoHost Wanted

Hi,

I am looking for someone to team up with me, record a demo and hopefully land ourselves a slot on a commercial radio station. I am 22, from Ireland and I have over 4 years broadcasting experience. My show style is predominantly entertainment and comedy — nothing too serious.

If you think you'd be up for it, drop me a PM.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 utopek

Voice actors and actress needed for non-for-profit project for International Childrens Day on 1st June.

We are converting the original story (kinda Grimm brothers style) by irish woman into an audio drama. This will be publish for free on the GNU license for everyone as a podcast. Also there is a plan of making an event on 1st June to listen to it.

We are currently looking for 2-3 males, age: 25 - 40 english/irish/none accent and one young female with Scandinavian accent.

More details on request.

If you are interested or know someone who might be interested - please let us know!

love,
    Ginger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andydownes2012

Radio Presenters wanted for a internet radio station based in south dublin called rock radio rock radio is fully licenced online radio station by the IMRO if you are interested in knowing more please contact us,... you can have a listen here www.rock-radio.info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 OpenFMRadio

OpenFM is a non-profit organisation that aims to provide an alternative to mainstream radio for Dublin's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender community. It's also a platform for everyone to embrace openness, challenge preconceptions and reduce stigma.

Last summer, we took to the airwaves with a 30-day licence from the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland. Over 80 volunteers contributed to an array of entertaining and interesting programmes, complemented by a full hourly news service. Highlights of our initial run included unprecedented live coverage from the heart of the Dublin Pride celebrations.

On 14 June, OpenFM will return to the airwaves for summer 2011. We're planning another 30-day broadcast on FM and online from studios at D4 Hotels in Ballsbridge. Will you be part of it?

This is an exciting opportunity for aspiring broadcasters, researchers and producers, as well as anyone with an interest in the media, public relations and event management, current affairs, sports and the arts.

If you're interested, there's still time to get involved. Just send an email about your strengths, interests, studies and experience to info@openfm.ie.

You can also connect with us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest information on OpenFM, your space to celebrate openness through sound.

Jack Roland
    OpenFM Radio

Ok folks... your moderator (that's me) has a thesis to complete and would appreciate your help...

Please fill in this survey... it will take you 2 minutes...
    http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=NLJDMM_d713eed7
    ... and please... be truthful :)

It's on Irish radio news (specifically, the gender balance).

• Registered Users Posts: 5 brocdj

Hi all, I hope I've posted this in the right place.

We are looking for music enthusiasts who would like to give online DJ-ing a go! BROC is an online radio station that broadcasts live music several times a week and we are hoping to vastly increase the number of live shows on our station. We aim to be as musically diverse as possible, across all genres.

- Absolutely no experience necessary

- We want people to do a 1 – 3 hour show once a week

- All you need is a computer, a good internet connection, a music collection you want to share with the world and a mic (optional!)

So if your interested in doing your own live radio show please:

- reply with your idea to our email address (brocradio@gmail.com) for a show – ie. the genre of music your into, or a theme for a show (talk shows are not ruled out but our main focus is music)

- please also send a sample playlist of 10 songs that would be typical of what you would like to play

And we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Please note: As we are a non-commercial station we are not able to pay our DJ's.

Thanks for your time and interest, you can check out our station by searching for BROC at Loudcaster.com.

We look forward to hearing your show!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SportRobRalphs

Hi there. I am working on a tribute to Tony Dixon for his 2nd Anniversary. Would anyone like to share with me their memories of Tony. As I'm sure you know he presented many different radio shows on different stations and I would like to hear what you liked most about him. Tony was also well known for his nightclub "Hollywood Nights". If you could share any recollections with me I would be very grateful. Thanks and I am hope to hear from you soon.

Advertisement