Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to break up with someone?

Options
  • 19-11-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Just broke up with my girlfriend. I even thought it went well (or, at least, as well as a break up can be expected to go), until a few hours later she appeared back at my apartment raging, and grabbing her stuff and storming out. Which leaves me wondering, is it possible to have a good break-up?
    Has anyone here ever managed a clean break up with someone? And if so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Welcome to Dumpsville.....

Population..............You!!

Be honest with them (but not too honest)

"I just don't feel as attracted to you as I did before": Good

"You got fat": Bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Have some breakup sex and in the middle of it shout out her sisters/ mothers/ priests/ dogs name. That ought to do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Your first post here after the bird dumped you.
    Prospects for sympathy are not good I should warn you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

anorange wrote: »
    Just broke up with my girlfriend. I even thought it went well (or, at least, as well as a break up can be expected to go), until a few hours later she appeared back at my apartment raging, and grabbing her stuff and storming out. Which leaves me wondering, is it possible to have a good break-up?

Must be hard for you.. When any of my relationships ended the first thing I thought of wasn't my ex's feelings.. But the mythology behind it. Also posting a boards..

CLASSY FELLA, THIS ONE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Kill them and bury the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

swifty kick to the fanny works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Pawpad666

He dumped her, no?

Anyway, continue....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I dont dump them i just put them in the basement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Go compare, go compare, when in doubt, check them out, go compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's not you, it's me.......

.............that's ending this relationship because, frankly, I can't stand the fùckin' sight of you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

How to break up with someone

1-Create a thread on boards "I don't think things are working out with me and my oh" (fill with usual bo*lox)

2-Email link to your oh

3-Job done.

Face to face is overrated and time consuming!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

i don't think its possible to have a good one...I find the best way to break it to them is by explaining 'I just realised in a few years you will turn into your mother...I am sure if you were in my position you would do the same'

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Six simple words:

I'm not gay, but I'll learn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Via text is easiest I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Does hiding away from the world for 5 years and crying in your room without talking to anyone count? Because if so, I can answer with a confident yes.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 anorange

i don't think its possible to have a good one
    This is generally what I've heard from my friends, but surely someone must have had a clean break up some time.

I like to avoid drama, where possible.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

If the feeling is mutual, it's usually ok. I remember my girlfriend broke up with me a few years back - And I was just like "Ok.." - She seemed a bit puzzled as to why I didn't seem to care. Truth was, I didn't care. She was a nice girl - But didn't give me butterflies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ruu wrote: »
    Via text is easiest I think.

Hey, tis o4. Jst nt wrking out. kthnxbi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Which leaves me wondering, is it possible to have a good break-up?

If it's him getting dumped by her? Yes, sometimes.

If it's her getting dumped by him? No, never.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

"Ignore it and it'll go away" can be a surprisingly effective mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

When I was 18, I was dating this girl and I was considering breaking up with her. We agreed to meet up. I was waiting for her and she snuck up behind me and leapt onto my back. I pretended to stumble, and threw her off, into a bush. I didn't break up with her just then, but later that day. Wasn't my proudest moment. Got very messy after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 anorange

Sanjuro wrote: »
    When I was 18, I was dating this girl and I was considering breaking up with her. We agreed to meet up. I was waiting for her and she snuck up behind me and leapt onto my back. I pretended to stumble, and threw her off, into a bush. I didn't break up with her just then, but later that day. Wasn't my proudest moment. Got very messy after that.

:D

Advertisement