Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of pace, not depressing, sleep talk.

Options
  • 19-11-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Ok, so AH is seemingly filled to the brim with hate and blame etc at the moment so for a change of scene, here's a question;

What's the funniest thing that's been said to you by a sleep talker?
    My funniest was just after watching "Quarantine", a really scary horror movie, in which pretty much anyone who ventures upstairs gets killed. Me and my darling OH went to bed and went asleep, a few hours later I woke to find my OH mumbling to himself. I said "what's that" and he mumbled again, so I said "say that again" and he said "you go up the stairs first curlzy". Well the b*satard!!!! I was like "you ****" but then gave him a cuddle so he wouldn't keep having nightmares. As he said the next morning you can't control your subconscious but I won't trust him if the zombie apocolypse comes and he tries to persuade me to go first!!!

SO AH, any funny sleep talk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Never had a funny sleep talk moment,

However when I was away with work one time my collegue kept knockin at my door during the night, bollock naked, when he was sleep walkin. Gent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

not especially funny but my sister used talk in her sleep a lot when we were growing up, especially after a few pints so I would just hold strange conversations with her. I told her one night that it was mams birthday the next day and she thought I was god giving her a message and thanked me for reminding her. (she called me God)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

I went strolling into a colleagues room and ended up getting 10m for a defamation of character suit that resulted, happy days!!! $$$$$$$$$$

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

darragh16 wrote: »
    Never had a funny sleep talk moment,

However when I was away with work one time my collegue kept knockin at my door during the night, bollock naked, when he was sleep walkin. Gent

That rich fecker

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I caught my sister out years ago cos she was talking about some fella she fancied while she was asleep. She nearly killed me when i asked her bout him in front of our parents :D

Don't really know any sleep talkers thank fcuk-last one woke me up with his mumbles, but couldn't make out anything interesting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When I was in the FCA (The RDF, back then) a guy I knew had a chronic problem with sleepwalking. He slept in the same room as a few of us but one morning he woke up outside lying on the courtyard wearing nothing but his boxers.

Was funny seeing him walk into the room shivering, looking completely pink from the cold outside and bits of twigs / grass stuck to him.

And on a seperate note..............Wayhey, 4000 posts in 5 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭woodsy2

When we were younger, myself and my twin brother used to share a room. Naturally I'd occaisonally go to bed later than him and wake him up in the process. He would then come out with such sleep-induced gems like:

"It was me, I killed him, put me in jail. I KILLED HIM!"

With a completely straight face: "Why is everbody crazy? Am I crazy?"

After I asked him the time: "It's a sheep past a cow" (half seven...)

Also, for a period of a few months when he fell asleep each night he would say something along the lines of "Fnuuuuuuuh" a few times in his sleep immediately after falling asleep.

I'll have to ask him what I do now.........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Not quite sleeptalking but was watching tv with a few of the lads the other night, one of them dozed off waiting for the boxing to come on.

Earlier we had been watching poker.

So he wakes up and looks around the room "where are the cards lads?".

Silence.

Bit louder, come on lads stop messing wheres me cards?

Few laughs.

"This isnt funny, Im off", at which point he stands up and realises that it had all been a dream and we all burst out laughing, absolutely brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I have my boyfriend so well trained at this stage that when he starts snoring (usually after a few pints) I call his name-or elbow him in the ribs, depending on my mood-and he immediately says "Sorry, sorry, I'll stop". Then he turns on his side and wahey! no more snoring. All without him waking up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

"I just got awarded €10million!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I once sleepwalked out the window of my bosses flat when I was sleeping on the couch after an office party. I didn't say anything funny, but the fire brigade who picked me up and brought me to hospital thought they were ****ING HILARIOUS.:mad:

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Was looking at another sleep-related thread and got thinking about sleeptalking.

I tend to be the one who sleeptalks rather than the person who hears others sleeptalking! It usually happens when I'm not sleeping in my usual bed and is likely to happen during a dream in which I'm agitated or upset.

The earliest instance in which I can remember off the top of my head was during my first night in <snip> in fifth year. I had a dream that Ian Paisley was hassling me and I shouted at him to get away from me.

Another case occured when I was almost nineteen. I was sleeping in a room with a friend and in my dream (and real life) I suddenly shouted "No! Don't!" Woke myself up and knew that I'd woken my friend. After a few seconds of consciousness and realisation, I meekly apologied. He just laughed. :D

I've been told that I've sleeptalked in Irish...and possibly French, if I remember right.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Niamh on

Advertisement