Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best moments of 2010

Options
  • 19-11-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

After one of the greatest years in F1 history it's pretty frustrating to think that we now have to wait another 113 days until Bahrain! It was a year filled with drama and intrigue and some of the best races in a long time.

I decided to have a poll on my site to see what came out top. So what was everyone's favourite moments of the season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

every time Lewis crashed or broke down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Mark Webber's crash in Valencia. Or, rather, the immediate aftermath... as Webber had the presence of mind to instantly throw his steering wheel from the car, thus letting everybody know that he was unhurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Button winning in Australia was good

Webber in Monaco

The two redbulls crashing

Spa had lots of action

Ferrari getting held up in last race

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

The Tifosi after Monza

Schumacher in Monaco after Safety car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I voted for the RB's in Turkey. It was one of the great WTF moments in the sport and something i'll remember for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Rubens overtaking Schumacher despite being pushed into the wall on the straight. That took balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Alonso not winning the championship :)

Also the banter between Christian Horner and Eddie Jordan in Suzuka. Christian was saying how Jake shouldn't rush back as Lee was presenting to which Eddie said..

EJ: "You be quiet you, you creep"

CH: "My grandmother quite likes you Eddie"

EJ: "I love grannies, don't you worry"

That cracked me up something shockin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

My fav moment of 2010 was when the season finished, no interest in circuit racing at all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Hayzooz

My fav moment of 2010 was when the season finished, no interest in circuit racing at all :o

What a moronic post.

Hayzooz wrote: »
    What a moronic post.

No its not i'm giving my opinion just like i'm entitled to but, you on the other hand are being abusive!

• Advertisement

No its not i'm giving my opinion just like i'm entitled to but, you on the other hand are being abusive!

It's a moronic post.

Why don't you go into the martial arts forum or the canoeing forum and just post you've no interest in them either?

Moronic.

It's a moronic post.

Why don't you go into the martial arts forum or the canoeing forum and just post you've no interest in them either?

Moronic.

because i have an interest in Motorsport thats why. There was a question asked and i answered, nothing moronic about it, unlike your abusive posts :rolleyes:

it also seems almost every post you've made here on boards insults someone i see a trend developing

Was he joking when he sent me a message threatening me with a siteban too?

Was he joking when he sent me a message threatening me with a siteban too?

Lol, did i threaten to siteban you? Nope i asked you to clarify something which you said did i not? I don't think i can siteban you an admin has to do it :P

I PM'd you as to not derail the thread anymore, if you felt something i said to you was out of line report the PM, and don't derail the thread any more and "de-mod me like you said you would" nor more off topicness from me afer this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

ANYWAY. Don't know about best moment but most memorable was Mark Webber's crash, shocking/spectacular replay I'll never forget it!

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    If you have a issue with another poster be it a mod or anybody else report it.

I did.

Anyways, my favourite moment was the start of the Korean GP when Alonso was trying to get it called off and Hamilton was saying "Let's go"!!!

I've really changed my opinion on Hamilton this year. I think the absence of his family in the pits and his relationship with Button has made him seem less of a pr*ck and more of a racer.

He could yet become one of the great McLaren drivers.

Webbers crash made me feel a bit sick the first time I seen it live. It's all well and good watching these crashes afterwards when you know that thankfully no-one got hurt. Watching them live though is a different matter. It was an unpleasant feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Webbers crash made me feel a bit sick the first time I seen it live. It's all well and good watching these crashes afterwards when you know that thankfully no-one got hurt. Watching them live though is a different matter. It was an unpleasant feeling.

Yeah it was a horrible feeling. Must have been that feeling amplified x1000 for Sennas crash.

Webber going totally bananas after winning Monaco, its great to see raw unchecked emotion from someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Yeah it was a horrible feeling. Must have been that feeling amplified x1000 for Sennas crash.

ITS FUNNY YOU SHOULD SAY THAT AS I WAS WATCHING THE RACE LIVE. NOW TO BE HONEST IT DIDNT LOOK THAT BAD A CRASH TO BE HONEST AND I THOUGHT HE WOULD BE FINE. RATZENBERGERS CRASH OR WHEN THE CAMERA ZOOMED IN AFTER HE CRASHED I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG IMMEDIATELY AND RUBENS HAD AN AWFUL LOOKING CRASH THAT WEEKEND AS WELL. THE LATTER TWO SHUNTS ACTUALLY LOOKED WORSE THAN SENNAS. IN RECENT YEARS BY FAR THE WORST CRASH I HAVE SEEN WAS KUBICAS IN CANADA. I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT HE MUST BE DEAD. I EVEN SAID IT TO MY WIFE WHO WAS WATCHING THE RACE WITH ME. IT SHOWS HOW THINGS HAVE PROGRESSED FOR THE BETTER.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS I HAD THEM ON BY MISTAKE!! :o

• Advertisement

Strangely enough, Senna's crash didn't look that bad. I'd seen much worse crashes in F1 by then so I just expected him to get out of the car and walk away...

I was watching the trailer for the new Senna film and I think the bit that gets me is when you see them stretchering him into the helicopter. I can still remember seeing that all live. :(

Funny, even as the crash happened I wasn't in the slightest bit worried for Webber, that's how much safety has moved on. The wall impact look to be the worst of it IMO.

The last crash where I had a genuine worry for a driver was Kubica (in Canada iirc), he never should have been able to walk away from an impact like that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The Moment Alonso got stuck behind Petrov and lost the wdc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭tommytoofar

Jari Matti Latvala winning in New Zealand and Finland, WRC I know, but we must remember other motorsports. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Adam Carroll gettin a couple of spins in the Indycars was pretty good, i wonder will he ever grace an F1 grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Doubt it, at this stage he's the most hotly tipped guy for the AFS Racing seat in next year's IndyCar season.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭reiger

theres been a few firstly the night J-M Latvalla won in newzeland listening to it on WRR and the excitement drama and of course colin clarks commentry.also J-M's win in finland its like winning the world cup to win in finland
    also the friday of the ulster rally to be on the ditches and watching the drive of Dan Mckenna in the dark to put into the evo into third overnight first time in a 4WD car first time away from driving a MK2 and mixing it with the best in the BRC and ITC.
    im sure i will come up with one or two more there was a few over the year

Advertisement