Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog - Raheen/Dooradoyle Area (Found!)

Options
  • 19-11-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭

EDIT: Thanks for the replies, the dog has been found :)

Hi all,

I know its a long shot but I'd appreciate if anyone has any info on this.

A friend of mines Siberian Husky is missing since Wednesday. My firend lives on the Father Russel Road so its most likely to be somewhere in that area.

If anyone has any info if they could send me a pm and I will pass on any info to my friend.

The dog is micro chipped so if you would feel more comfortable bringing the dog to a vet, the vet can contact my friend.

Thanks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=135513&stc=1&d=1290173120

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Will keep an eye out for him.

Is its name Harry by any chance ?

Neighbour up the road from me has a fantastic looking Husky not
    to many of them about the place was wondering if it may have been the same dog, I think he called it Harry.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

will keep an eye out too - hopefully he turns up safe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Was the person with "Harry" asian?

The dogs name is Ares, but i'd forgive someone for thinking that my friend was saying Harry! :)

Was the person with "Harry" asian?

The dogs name is Ares, but i'd forgive someone for thinking that my friend was saying Harry! :)

Yeah might be the same guy if he's a shaved head, and has another little
    tiny loud yapper of a dog that acts all aggressive but is a chicken. I dont know him at all but only seen him walk/play with the dogs if he passes so only overhearing from a distance if he's calling them.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Saw a very similar dog to this being walked on Monday evening near Raheen church, presume it was the same dog/owner. Lovely dog, will keep an eye out.
    Unfortunately there is anecdotal evidence of increased dog stealing/kidnapping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

langdang wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is anecdotal evidence of increased dog stealing/kidnapping.

Oh stop it, will ya! That's the last thing a dog owner wants to hear!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

Have you tried ringing Limerick Animal Welfare? My dog went missing a few years ago just after Christmas. We rang them on the off chance and someone had actually handed him into them! We got him back a few days later

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

LAW should be rang on 063 91110 or 087 6371044

Also the dog pound (Brookfield Kennels) in Mungret 061 301604

The garda stations should be rang also with maybe a poster with details and a pic of the dog left at the Garda stations, plus all the local vets should be rang in case anyone reported the dog.

Henry Street 061-212411
    Roxboro. 061-214340

Lastly ask at any of the local shops in the area plus at the pet shops in town if posters can be put up. The lads at Paw N Claws would have no probs with such a poster and they would keep an ear out, plus the pet shop on the end of Mulgrave street/start of the Ballysimon road always has posters in the window of lost dogs and also of found dogs. Petmania would be worth asking also.

Paws N Claws 061-411141

Pet Supermarket 061-423723

PetMania (Ballysimon Road/Jetland) 061-439080/ 061-582550

OP, your friend has most likely done all of this already, but in case he has not, he should do so asap.

The dog looks lovely in that pic, I hope your friend gets some good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies, we actually have some good news!

My friend put up posters around the area today and somebody rang him this evening saying that they had the dog wednesday and the dropped it to a dog shelter in mungret (i guess the one kess mentioned). The shelter was apparently closed when my friend rang so he'll be collecting it on monday.

Again thanks for the replies!

Late night edit: Everytime i see Huskies i think of this

cooldog.jpg

Great news,

They had a mobile number too which may be worth giving a call Mobile No: 087 907 9505

Thought I remember reading someplace that they were opened for 2-3 hours on a Saturday
    but that was back in the older building. Think now they are beside the re-cycle place
    so he's not too far from home only a little over a km away.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That's awesome news Witnessnow. Am delighted that your friend will be reunited with his dog soon.

Shame that he may have to wait until Monday to get him back, but at least he knows the dog is safe and ok.

It might be worth his while dropping out there in person early today though, as I am sure that there is someone there for a few hours at weekends to feed and water the dogs.

If your friend rang their number before 10:30pm yesterday and got no answer, then he can say that as they are meant to be available until 10:30pm on weeknights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

"If you would like to enquire further about any particular dog please click on this email address dogshelter@limerickcoco.ie , phone 061 30 16 04 or call to our shelter which is located within the Council’s Civic Amenity Centre, Dock Road, Mungret. (Opening Hours: 9.30a.m.-12.30p.m. Monday –Friday.) "

That's from the web-site

http://www.lcc.ie/dogimagesweb/displayImage.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Delighted to hear that all ends well!

🤪

Advertisement