Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wouldn't it be great if a "super-person" came along and sorted the whole world out!!

Options
  • 19-11-2010 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

It's a pure fairytale but I would love to wake up someday and for all the lies and corruption worldwide to be over

I am sick to the pit of my stomach of corruption, double standards, back stabbing, denial of human rights, propaganda, lies...!!

how in all fairness do you get through the day when all around you is corrupt!!

that isn't a retorical question either!! I find it increasingly hard to put up with it and even though it is starting to have slight strain of my mental health I couldn't just pretend we live in a livable society!!

**** everything that is not for the actual good of the people!!

only reason we living in this mess is because we don't all stop at the same time and say no!!

I would love to see the look on everyone's faces if internationly there was a date picked and nobody played along with the game until it was changed for the better!!

I know uptopia is probably only ever abtainable in dreams but is it so much to ask for fairness and equality, decency, care for every single human being and protection from those we need protecting etc etc

am I mental??

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I think you need a holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Like Superman you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Elevator wrote: »
    am I mental??

Pretty much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

(............)am I mental??

Yeah...'not trying-to-have-a-sly-****-between-5 people-during-plane-take-off mental', but mental all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Jaysus one minute you're up, the next you're down. Make up your mood.........Oh I see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

faceman wrote: »
    I think you need a holiday

to where though cos while I'm away the man will still be getting away with massive enslavement through debt and ****!!

really though, is there a bursting point or do we have to wait til the human race gets wiped off the face of the planet before the scam ends??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

There's mention of a unifying superman in Revelations. Only, he turns out to be the anti-christ. Oh shit, the anti-christ! We'd all be fu...

... oh wait...
    It's a pure fairytale

Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,057 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I am sick to the pit of my stomach of corruption, double standards, back stabbing, denial of human rights, propaganda, lies...!!

Propblem is that, too a lot of people in politics and business, sorting out those "problems" would be considered wrecking the world and destroying freedom...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

ok I can now see I have gone mental!

couple that with the last of a bad dose of flu and ya get a very confused mind

I'm hope there's a slight bit of sense in the orig post but I won't know that for another day or 2

god damn it I'm off to watch some bill hicks quick

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Believe it or not, it would have catastrophic consequences on the world. Having a super-being intervening everytime things got bad would relieve world leaders & their staff of their responsibilities. Sure not to worry that super-thing will look after us if things go pear shaped.

In the context of ireland that would mean our useless government would be even lazier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

So we need batman?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Believe it or not, it would have catastrophic consequences on the world. Having a super-being intervening everytime things got bad would relieve world leaders & their staff of their responsibilities. Sure not to worry that super-thing will look after us if things go pear shaped.

In the context of ireland that would mean our useless government would be even lazier.

When I can think of a suitable Mary Harney comment, I'll get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

phill106 wrote: »
    So we need batman?

In the sense that he appears out of the dark and beats the living ****e out of people.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

Just chill, I got this!

:cool::cool::cool:

Also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

It's a pure fairytale but I would love to wake up someday and for all the lies and corruption worldwide to be over

that isn't a retorical question either!! I find it increasingly hard to put up with it and even though it is starting to have slight strain of my mental health I couldn't just pretend we live in a livable society!!

only reason we living in this mess is because we don't all stop at the same time and say no!!

I would love to see the look on everyone's faces if internationly there was a date picked and nobody played along with the game until it was changed for the better!!

I know uptopia is probably only ever abtainable in dreams but is it so much to ask for fairness and equality, decency, care for every single human being and protection from those we need protecting etc etc

am I mental??[/QUOTE

yes, the man you require is

PETER GRIFFIN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Nodin wrote: »
    In the sense that he appears out of the dark and beats the living ****e out of people.....

A Dublin scumbag in other words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Like Superman you mean?

Super Person's first mission - DESTROY SEXISM!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

am I mental??

ALRIGHT I'LL DO IT TOMORROW. Jeez..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 starre

The 1930s called...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

We already have Al Gore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Sometimes I ly in the bath and imagine Ryan Tubridy is interviewing me about my super powers and the audience are cheering me. I give a long speech about how I won't use my powers for selfish reasons and intend to stop all crime in Ireland and the World.

The audience give me a standing ovation and I then imagine news paper headlines with me saving people from crime and stopping plane crashes.

So, no OP - you're not mental, I am though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Where is Jesus when you want him?? Oh wait, that fool aint real lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

There was an episode of X files where they came across a Genie. Mulder ever the utopian got three wishes from her. He asked for world peace. Instantly all the people in the world disappeared.

It was a point well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I'm totally down with uptopia*

Up and down? That's kind of your job OP.

Wait...

ZOMG! :eek: You're him! Our true 'super person'. We're ready! Deliver us from evil!

*Yes I know it's really utopia but it's in the OP so...!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

See the issue is not that we need someone to sort the worlds issues out ... the issues are caused by human nature in every single one of us. In reality we need someone to change the fundimentals of who we are as a people on a very deep level.

eg... everyone stands up against a widespread injustice.... up until the point where one person sees that they can come out of this better than average and then turns on the majority.

This is something that ALL of us have inside. It this ability to be able work as a group but yet at the same time still be aware of our own individual wants that holds us back from being truely great and ending the majorty of global issues.
    Curiously its also the source of some of our greatest moments and advances, the drive to fufill our own individual needs has led to amazing steps being taken the simpilest example being the discovery of fire manipulation. If the want and need of that pre human to simply keep warm was not acted on who knows where we would be.

In short we are a contridiction, the thing that hurts us most is what helps us most. If we have a society based on that of a collective such as bee's then yes we COULD solve so much strife in the world. A worker bee will kill itself without a second though for the good of the greater populous and its a very effective ethos but we would cease being human at that point.

Personally I dont see that as a bad thing but others would rightly disagree. So if you want to change the world you need to change the very core of humanity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

hightower1 wrote: »
    See the issue is not that we need someone to sort the worlds issues out ... the issues are caused by human nature in every single one of us. In reality we need someone to change the fundimentals of who we are as a people on a very deep level.

eg... everyone stands up against a widespread injustice.... up until the point where one person sees that they can come out of this better than average and then turns on the majority.

This is something that ALL of us have inside. It this ability to be able work as a group but yet at the same time still be aware of our own individual wants that holds us back from being truely great and ending the majorty of global issues.
    Curiously its also the source of some of our greatest moments and advances, the drive to fufill our own individual needs has led to amazing steps being taken the simpilest example being the discovery of fire manipulation. If the want and need of that pre human to simply keep warm was not acted on who knows where we would be.

In short we are a contridiction, the thing that hurts us most is what helps us most. If we have a society based on that of a collective such as bee's then yes we COULD solve so much strife in the world. A worker bee will kill itself without a second though for the good of the greater populous and its a very effective ethos but we would cease being human at that point.

Personally I dont see that as a bad thing but others would rightly disagree. So if you want to change the world you need to change the very core of humanity.

You can share the same holiday as the Elevator. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What we need is a cloning machine and Chuck Norris, sorted.

/ Thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

Advertisement