Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SS Belt Buckle and Badge????

Options
  • 18-11-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

HI,

I have a nazi belt buckle and nazi badge and i am looking to find out if there are geniune and how much they are worth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Hi garymac27,

I moved your post to our Militaria sub-forum as you may get better replies here.

On first look I have my doubts about the items. Look at the Gau Baden badge and see the many imperfections around the eagles head and other areas. Some of them are casting/moulding faults.

Clearer pictures from the front and back of both items may help, particularly of the eagle on the belt buckle as well. Also are there any markings on the back of the buckle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Hi Gary - I remember seeing this advert on adverts.

This is the link I posted I think it might be useful as it gives weights and measurements also reference pictures :

http://www.internationalmilitaria.com/ssbelt.html

As you will see it's impossible to determine if yours is real or fake by that one poor photo.

It would need crystal clear pictures and even then it may not be possible without the measurements & weight :

MEASUREMENT ORIGINAL FAKE

Length 2.535 inches 2.475 inches
    Width (Internal) 1.77 inches 1.76 inches
    Width (External) 1.890 inches 1.859 inches
    Eagle's Wingspread 2.0937 inches 2.0656
    From Top Eagle's head
    to Bottom of rope 1.75 inches 1.6835 inches
    Weight 0.7 oz 0.6 oz

Can I ask where did you get this from ?

If it is from a dealer you should be covered if it turns out to be fake.

It might be an idea to bring this to one of the regular militaria fairs in Dublin to have the dealers check it out (either North Star or Teachers Club). Always get a 2nd opinion and don't just trust the word of the person who sold it to you. Unfortunately in my view it's more likely to be a fake than the real thing but I could very easily be wrong on that so good luck & I hope it's real.

Advertisement