Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy??

Options
  • 19-11-2010 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

I have to say that I am really suffering from MB Air envy. Yes, I know, I have little to be worrying about. I am looking at my finances and mulling it over in my head. Anyway all that aside, my initial thought would be to configure it on apple.ie and then order it through there. I was then wondering why anyone would choose a reseller/store instead of ordering on line. Am I missing something? I'm sure the price is the same and if i go for standard config, what's wrong with going straight into the store, pay and walk away? Maybe that is the obvious path and not the click click approach.

Thanks in advance (cool, that kinda rhymes:))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

I'd say the only advantage with a reseller shop is that you can have a look at it before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'd say the only advantage with a reseller shop is that you can have a look at it before you buy.

And some of the revenue will be supporting Irish jobs plus if you are paying list price you should be able to leverage the situation to your advantage by buying something else at the same time and asking for a large discount on the additional kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Correct me if I'm wrong but most stores only sell the standard spec so if you wanna ad extra ram or upgrade the processor your out of luck.

However saying that I do believe Compub offer high spec machines off the shelf?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

If you are flying away anytime soon, buy it in Dixons at the airport (both T1 and the new T2). I work in the airport and there are some great duty free prices. The top end 15" Core i7 Macbook Pro for example is only €1847 compared to €2200 on the Apple store. The base spec 15" is €1500.

Advertisement