Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift idea for 12yo girl

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi

My goddaughter is 12 and I have absolutely no idea what to get her this year. I got her an ipod last year.

Any ideas?

Price is around €60

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi girls that age love shopping I think a pennys voucher would be great or even new look they are both cheap and she would get loads for e60. You could get her an itunes voucher for her ipod. Cinema vouchers could be good especially if she has started going with her friends. A make up set frrom boots either, you could even make up a little hamper with all of these things in, you should be able to manage this for around e60.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My lady (11) would kill me if i got her a pennys voucher, itunes voucher is a good idea also the hamper.

life style sports voucher, or a phone (phone credit), perfume, make up, hair straightner, a gift basket containing perfume/makeup/deodrant/shower gel, games for xbox,ps3,psp or dsi if she has one or game stop voucher.

Does she have any hobbies, art or horse riding?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Personally Id LOVE a Pennys voucher! But Im slightly older than your age group! Why not try a H&M or New Look voucher? I remeber when my sister was that age she loved getting clothes, accessories, etc as presents. Would you get her a pretty makeup box with some things inside? I know shes only 12 but what about clear mascara, some lip balms, nail polish etc? My mum took this approach when my sister was 13 to try to avoid the black eyes/orange face look that was so popular among her friends!

Or what about a date? Seriously! Could you bring her out for a cinema/ice cream date, iceskating/hotchoc or panto and dinner. whatever fits your budget. I know lots of little girls whod love that kind of one-on-one quality time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Personally Id LOVE a Pennys voucher! But Im slightly older than your age group! Why not try a H&M or New Look voucher? I remeber when my sister was that age she loved getting clothes, accessories, etc as presents. Would you get her a pretty makeup box with some things inside? I know shes only 12 but what about clear mascara, some lip balms, nail polish etc? My mum took this approach when my sister was 13 to try to avoid the black eyes/orange face look that was so popular among her friends!

Or what about a date? Seriously! Could you bring her out for a cinema/ice cream date, iceskating/hotchoc or panto and dinner. whatever fits your budget. I know lots of little girls whod love that kind of one-on-one quality time!
    Ya i find the boys want the brand names nike etc, whereas the girls seem to just like whatever is on trend and lots of it. There always seems to be lots of young girls in pennys on a sat. New look and h&m are great I wish they were nearby. One thing I know is the ops god daughter is lucky to have a thoughtful godparent and she will probably be happy with anything:).

Advertisement