Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIAM Grade 5 Piano Pieces 2011???

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi. I can't get into town at the moment and I am looking to see what are the list of pieces in the Royal Irish Aacdemy of Music Grade 5 Exam Book for 2011. :)
    If ANYONE knows what the pieces are PLEASE post them hear because I really want to know as soon as I can!! :D
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Hiya..

I'm doing bagatelle in g minor by beethoven, sentimental rumba by aidan duggan and solfeggieto by bach. Sorry I don't know what other pieces there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭scottg4life

Hiya..

I'm doing bagatelle in g minor by beethoven, sentimental rumba by aidan duggan and solfeggieto by bach. Sorry I don't know what other pieces there are.

What are the other pieces for Grade 5 2011??? Reply back when you can! I really want to know..

What are the other pieces for Grade 5 2011??? Reply back when you can! I really want to know..

I'm sorry I don't know because I don't have the book.

The pieces I have chosen for Grade 5 Piano 2011 are:
    J.S. Bach: Air from French Suite No.4 in E flat Major BWV 815.
    Stephen Heller: Tarantelle in E Minor Op.46 No.7.
    L.V. Beethoven: Bagatelle in G Minor Op.119 No.1.

Are these good selected pieces. What piece is easy/hard and what would I have to look out for with these pieces??

Reply to me when you can. Thanks!

Am to be honest i don't know. I did a bit of tarantelle and found it relativley easy. I'm doing bagatelle and I find it tough enough but maybe thats just me :rolleyes:.. When are you doing the exam?

• Advertisement

Am to be honest i don't know. I did a bit of tarantelle and found it relativley easy. I'm doing bagatelle and I find it tough enough but maybe thats just me :rolleyes:.. When are you doing the exam?

You see, I have my Grade 4 exam to do first which will be in April 2011 and I am all set for that. I am know working on Grade 5 which I will be doing in September/October 2011. Yes Bagatelle in G Minor by Beethoven is tricky enough but I will get through it. Thanks for your kind comement!

You see, I have my Grade 4 exam to do first which will be in April 2011 and I am all set for that. I am know working on Grade 5 which I will be doing in September/October 2011. Yes Bagatelle in G Minor by Beethoven is tricky enough but I will get through it. Thanks for your kind comement!

No problem. Good luck with your exams :)

The pieces I have chosen for Grade 5 Piano 2011 are:
    (Edit) Mendelssohn: Christmas piece op 72 no 6.
    Stephen Heller: Tarantelle in E Minor Op.46 No.7.
    L.V. Beethoven: Bagatelle in G Minor Op.119 No.1.

Are these good selected pieces. What piece is easy/hard and what would I have to look out for with these pieces??

Reply to me when you can. Thanks!

Really awh I'm sorry to hear that. My friend is finding Bach hard too but I find it grand. I'm finding sentimental rhumba by Aidan Duggan to be quite hard. How are you getting on with the other pieces OP?

Really awh I'm sorry to hear that. My friend is finding Bach hard too but I find it grand. I'm finding sentimental rhumba by Aidan Duggan to be quite hard. How are you getting on with the other pieces OP?

ha Thanks! The other two pieces Heller and Beethoven were very easy for me so they are finished and well played! I have jus started the Mendelssohn and its not too bad! When I'm finished I will let you know!
    Thanks for the reply.

• Advertisement

ha Thanks! The other two pieces Heller and Beethoven were very easy for me so they are finished and well played! I have jus started the Mendelssohn and its not too bad! When I'm finished I will let you know!
    Thanks for the reply.

Hi! I have finished Mendelssohn Christmas piece for my Grade 5 and all I have to do know is all my scales and stuff! I will be doing this Exam along with Grade 4 in April/May 2011.
    PLEASE VIEW MY Mendelssohn ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/ClassicalMusicPiano
    AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! :)

Advertisement