Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you noticed people slowing down?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭

Since the rollout of the private speed cameras I've noticed the majority of drivers slowing down a good bit. With the exception of the usual one or two drivers of course.

So has anyone else noticed this or taken extra care to be within the set speed limit?

I didn't see any vans but that's not to say I'm not after passing them at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

not really, though there was this one really slow arsehole who wouldn't get out of the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,055 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

not really, though there was this one really slow arsehole who wouldn't get out of the way...

Brian Cowen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

Sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Haven't really be out on main roads since they came in, and when i was, people were driving slower more to do with the flooded roads than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Since the rollout of the private speed cameras I've noticed the majority of drivers slowing down a good bit. With the exception of the usual one or two drivers of course.

So has anyone else noticed this or taken extra care to be within the set speed limit?

I didn't see any vans but that's not to say I'm not after passing them at some stage.

I think that happened when penalty points first appeared, then gradually back to the normal with lunatics overtaking everyone in sight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Only doing 120 was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭who what when

Just because he had special needs, it doesnt make him an arsehole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I hope these cameras are watching for dangerously slow drivers as well. You know, the assholes that would be better off on a bicycle than driving a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

IIIIIIIIIII dooooooooooonnnnntttttt knnnnnnnooooooooowwwwwww wwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttt yyyyyyoooooooooouuuuurrrrrrrrrr ttttaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllkkkkkiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggg aaaaaaaabbbbooooooooouuuuuuuuutttttt OOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Just because he had special needs, it doesnt make him an arsehole!

He just needs to go faster, that's all.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Well there was one guy behind me driving into town at 5pm this evening and he had no lights on .
    Every other car had lights on .

I just wonder why some people cannot just concentrate on their driving habits .

Its even been on the radio that everyone should use their lights even during daylight hours .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

No. Not at all. Then again, I don't drive, friends who do drive have noticed a slow down however. Perhaps I should have shut up and let them answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

nope not at all. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Segway!

yeah they've slowed down too much! The N7 and M50 are 100 so why are people cruising in the overtaking lane at 70?? Also those middle aged men in their skodas/bmw's/audis/saloon type cars and men in transit vans aren't driving like lunatics so much this week. Which means they obviously know their regular driving is wrong!
    apart from yer man this morning swinging from lane to lane including the hard shoulder with kids in the back....but sure he's exempt from the law :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I have certainly been more attentive to my speed and I think I have noticed people being more cautious alright with exceptions, for example last Monday or Tuesday I was coming up towards the Curragh in a 100 km/h zone when a van shot past me at I'm guessing at least 120 km/h. A white van. A white van with a small Garda emblem on its back. Yes, a "Go Slow" initiative speed van going well in excess of the speed limit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm verrry slowwww...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    yeah they've slowed down too much! The N7 and M50 are 100 so why are people cruising in the overtaking lane at 70?? Also those middle aged men in their skodas/bmw's/audis/saloon type cars and men in transit vans aren't driving like lunatics so much this week. Which means they obviously know their regular driving is wrong!
    apart from yer man this morning swinging from lane to lane including the hard shoulder with kids in the back....but sure he's exempt from the law :rolleyes:

He probably couldn't afford the trip to Disneyland so was giving them the cheapest alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

waaaaaah youuu talkiiing bouttt ooop maaaan

/skangeraccceentmaan

DarkJager wrote: »
    He probably couldn't afford the trip to Disneyland so was giving them the cheapest alternative.

what a man! Wish my Da did that, I never go to go to Disneyland :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

They're slowing down all right but way too much, I drive at the limit but it's costing me another twenty 15 minutes to work because of overcautious drivers imagining speed vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Haven't noticed anyone slowing down really bar the ones I've seen jamming on when they see a van parked, TBH I've seen a good few near misses due to that over the past few day, on two occasions tailgaters swerved into the other lane, those vans are making it more dangerous to drive IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

N18 is jammed with slow drivers/tractors/trucks doin 60/70kph. Better now the new motorway is open but theres still plenty Sunday drivers between Gort and Galway:mad: I wouldnt be against them if we see some benifit from these income generator safety cameras, I hope they use it to eleminate dangerous streches and put decent hard shoulders on all N routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Only doing 120 was he?

no, about 40,the people doing only 120 were nice enough to move outa the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah I did notice the M50 was a little less like LA Story on Tuesday morning alright. Won't feckin last though.

Advertisement