Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help me find a single

Options
  • 18-11-2010 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

ok so i found an idea to find my girlfriends number one song on her birthday. how would i go about getting the single? where do they sell singles from over 20 years ago?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well it would depend, it might or might not be still available as a single.
    You could always get the album it was on & copy the single onto a CD, and print off the cover of what would have been on the single and get an empty CD case to put it in. (If it's not still available).
    Otherwise search all the big music shops, and look online

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hiawog

I just did a quick search through Google with great results. Your search phrases should be variations and combinations of the song title, the band and; Vinyl, Single(s), 7", 45's, 45rpm. Do you know if the song was a hit or not? This may determine if there ever was a single or if it was 'A-Side' or 'B-side'. B-Sides will be harder to search for so knowing the A-Side will be essential. Incidentally, does she have a turntable in her hi-fi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

http://www.chartstats.com/

will tell you what was number one in the UK charts the day she was born.

Any number one single will have sold loads and there will be plenty second hand copies available.

Let us know what it is.

Advertisement