Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flock of Curlews near Milltown viaduct

Options
  • 18-11-2010 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

If anyone is travelling on the Luas Green Line, as you travel towards Dublin city, keep an eye out for a flock of Curlews just on your right before you cross the Milltown viaduct bridge. I saw them a lot last year and I noticed at lunchtime they are back for this year. I thought it unusual for them to be in this spot which is basically a grass bank, not to far from the banks of the Dodder river. The pic is a photo of the location, sadly haven't had my camera to take a pic of the Curlews.p66226305.htmlhttp://railsceneireland.fotopic.net/p66226305.html
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭mallards

There is a small flock of around 40 curlew in the first green field on the left as you come off the M50 northbound near Dublin airport. I have seen them there a good few times now.

Mallards

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

In relation to the curlews at Milltown, some mornings between 4 and 20 are on the rugby pitches at the bottom of Birds avenue, just up the road! Although with that land being quite torn up at the moment its hardly surprising

Advertisement